My Yorkie's kidneys are failing

Old April 1st 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
bugsy

Default My Yorkie's kidneys are failing

He is 14.5 years old, and in the last few months has gone from about 9 lbs,
down to 5 lbs. He was diagnosed with renal failure 2 days ago. The vet
said his bun should be 9 at the highest, and came back at 29. We don't
think its from any of the deadly dog food, as he has been eating Pedigree
Senior dry food, and a bit of Waltham's S/D formula (for our other dog).
Neither has been recalled, yet. We dumped out all the dog food, and are
feeding our dogs strictly organic home made food from now on. Our Yorkie
has had one sub q treatment with fluids, and will go back Monday for
another. We are waiting for an herbal treatment to arrive, a canine blood
cleanse, kidney cleanse and strengthener, etc. In just a few days of
organic pureed tofu, beans, veggies, etc, his weight is up to 5.6 lbs, and
he seems a bit spunkier. I know we might be fooling ourselves, but does
anyone here have any encouraging information for me? Anyone hear of
positive results from herbal treatment for renal failure?

Thanks and please say a prayer for Gizmo the Yorkie. :*)

Old April 1st 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
CDC

*hugs* I hope everything turns out OK - it sounds like he is at least
feeling a little better with the new diet.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
news:[email protected]