INVOLUNTARY HEAD SHAKING

Old April 1st 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Mr.JGW

Default INVOLUNTARY HEAD SHAKING

My dog Benjamin has started to have these small head shaking
episodes. They last for around 30 sec's, and when I try to get him to
stop he won't/can't. The last time it happened was a year ago. He
has had 2 more in the span of about a week. We have decided to take
him to the vets and we are now give him a multi vitamin with extra B6,
magnessium and manganese (spelling) - read somewhere this might help.

Anybody have any ideas!

Thanks.

Old April 1st 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Puddin' Man

On 1 Apr 2007 08:35:03 -0700, "Mr.JGW" wrote:

My dog Benjamin has started to have these small head shaking
episodes. They last for around 30 sec's, and when I try to get him to
stop he won't/can't. The last time it happened was a year ago. He
has had 2 more in the span of about a week. We have decided to take
him to the vets and we are now give him a multi vitamin with extra B6,
magnessium and manganese (spelling) - read somewhere this might help.

Anybody have any ideas!

Have you checked the dogs ear canals for obstructions, fungus,
any foreign matter, infection, etc???

HTH,
Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather
than the victim."
- Bertrand Russell

Old April 1st 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Mr.JGW

He is 5 years old.

Old April 1st 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Mr.JGW

I have also noticed that his muscles tense up in his back etc when he
is going through this heade shaking, but he can still walk around and
has jumped off the couch etc.

Old April 1st 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Mr.JGW

I think I should clarfiy that the head shaking isn't the kind of
shaking when the dog has had a bath, or has an itch. It's more like
the way an elderly person's hand shakes, I hope that makes sense.