ping Jenny

Old April 2nd 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default ping Jenny

[]
Whatever happened with Riley? Were you able to get him
squared away?

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle
Old April 3rd 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Whatever happened with Riley? Were you able to get him
squared away?

I am still working on the owners. One refuses to release Riley, even
though he doesn't have anything to do with him. The other owner still says
"take him away". Riley is now an outside dog (due to weather getting
nicer). He's on a very short leash and has no room to run. He has shelter
from the rain, which is good though. His family is leaving for 2 weeks and
a neighbor will feed him while they're gone. I was asked today to cover
some days that the neighbor will be away. I really would like to take Riley
and get rid of him while they are gone but I am not brave/stupid enough
(depending on how you look at it). I am hoping that by Jan-March 08, I'll
be in my own house. I asked one owner today what the chances are that I
will be able to take Riley for myself at that point and they said its a
bigger possibility than giving him to a rescue but still not a certainty.
Only time will tell what his chances are for a better life. I am pretty
stubborn so I will of course keep trying to convince them its the best thing
for all involved to give him up.

Old April 3rd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
MauiJNP wrote:
I really would like to take Riley
and get rid of him while they are gone but I am not brave/stupid enough
(depending on how you look at it).

Yeah, you really don't want to end up in a situation where
you're being prosecuted for theft and the dog ends up back
where he started, anyway.

I am pretty
stubborn so I will of course keep trying to convince them its the best thing
for all involved to give him up.

Good for you. Any luck on the neutering thing?

Old April 4th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

I really would like to take Riley
and get rid of him while they are gone but I am not brave/stupid enough
(depending on how you look at it).

Yeah, you really don't want to end up in a situation where
you're being prosecuted for theft and the dog ends up back
where he started, anyway.

yeah, that wouldn't be good for anyone involved

I am pretty
stubborn so I will of course keep trying to convince them its the best
thing
for all involved to give him up.

Good for you. Any luck on the neutering thing?

not really, as long as they keep him, they won't allow it.

Normally, someone else would ping me on this one ceb Dog behavior 5 March 14th 07 01:27 AM
PING: HJM Handsome Jack Morrison Dog behavior 0 August 21st 06 08:22 PM
What's "ping"? Nat Dog behavior 9 January 14th 04 08:32 AM
What's "ping"? Nat Dog behavior 0 January 14th 04 12:07 AM
What's "ping"? Nat Dog behavior 0 January 14th 04 12:07 AM