Root Canals in Dogs?

Old April 7th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dan[_2_]

Default Root Canals in Dogs?

So have you guys heard of dogs getting root canals? The clinic I work
at just started to implement this procedure more and more. The doctor
I work with specializes in dental procedures and the have assisted in
2 of these procedures so far and they work great! The post-surgical x-
rays look awesome and it is VERY effective. So if you were given the
option to help save the tooth by means of root canal or extraction,
what would you do?

-Dan

P.S. Come check out my bog at: http://www.180-pets.com/index.html

Please come to my blog and let me know how you would go about this?

Old April 7th 07, 09:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Veterinary dentists have been doing root canals on pets for years. My
female greyhound had a root canal on her major molar when she broke it
on a knuckle bone in 2000. Most Vet dentists do root canals only on the
important teeth like molars and canines.

Old April 7th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"Dan" wrote in news:1175930825.406636.228880
@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

So have you guys heard of dogs getting root canals? The clinic I work
at just started to implement this procedure more and more. The doctor
I work with specializes in dental procedures and the have assisted in
2 of these procedures so far and they work great! The post-surgical x-
rays look awesome and it is VERY effective. So if you were given the
option to help save the tooth by means of root canal or extraction,
what would you do?

-Dan

P.S. Come check out my bog at: http://www.180-pets.com/index.html

Please come to my blog and let me know how you would go about this?

My GSD Finn (R.I.P) had a root canal in 1999. He was scheduled for hip
repacement surgery. When they put him under, they saw a cavity that bad
enough to jeapordize his recovery. Of course, what happened later made that
concern ironic, but that's a whole 'nother post. Or rather two years worth
of them stored in google.

But yeah, I've ha it done. Though it wasn't to save the tooth, but rather
to preemptively handle the associated bacteria.

Tara