Allergy Season Getting to Your Dog?

Old April 10th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dave[_3_]

Default Allergy Season Getting to Your Dog?

I work at a veterinary clinic and we have been getting allergy
appointment after allergy appointment.
Does your dog have allergy problems? If he/she does, we have been
resorting to a different method of treating allergies rather than
giving steroid injections and oral steroids. One alternative method is
that we take a blood sample from your dog and send it out to a
laboratory for allergy testing, a company we use is HESKA. It is a
company that analyzes blood samples and runs a test on them. The test
detects and measures allergen specific immunoglobulin E, or IgE, an
antibody that is present at elevated levels in animals with allergies.
These elevated levels of IgE bind to the offending allergens and play
an integral role in triggering the allergic response. The ALLERCEPT
test identifies the exact allergen or allergens causing the allergic
response, enabling the selection of an appropriate therapeutic
treatment, which is typically weekly injections. We have MANY clients
taht have their pets on the injections.
I talk about home treatment for allergies that you can do for your
dog at home at my blog below:

http://www.180-pets.com/index.html

-Dan

First time in season Ichthys Dog behavior 9 June 3rd 04 06:12 AM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 4 November 25th 03 02:12 AM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 0 November 24th 03 05:47 PM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 0 November 24th 03 05:47 PM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 0 November 24th 03 05:47 PM