Vegetarian Dog Food

Old April 13th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Trapper Ron

Default Vegetarian Dog Food

Has anyone tried this:

Tykie's Long Life Dry Mix Blend Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food is made
fresh daily in
Tykie's Kitchen and is "A Natural Dog Food". Made fresh daily in
Tykie's Kitchen!

This is the food that my loving dog "Tykie" ate for 25 years! Raw and
unprocessed, for
superior nutrition in every bite!

Your dog will feel better, have more energy and have less health
problems.

Just add warm water and soak for a few minutes. Then add steamed
veggies or
other healthy leftovers!

http://trapperron.com/tykies.html

Thanks
Baker

Old April 13th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy

in thread ups.com:
"Trapper Ron" whittled the following words:

Has anyone tried this:

Tykie's Long Life Dry Mix Blend Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food is made

Nope THANKS!! My dog's like MEAT!
I bet if you offered your dog meat, they would be grateful too!
Old April 13th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"diddy" wrote in message
in thread ups.com:
"Trapper Ron" whittled the following words:

Has anyone tried this:

Tykie's Long Life Dry Mix Blend Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food is made

Nope THANKS!! My dog's like MEAT!
I bet if you offered your dog meat, they would be grateful too!

It *does* say his dog ate it for 25 years. I gotta admit, that's pretty
impressive!

Judy

Old April 13th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Vegetarian Dog Food hoax

"Trapper Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tykie's Long Life Dry Mix Blend Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food is made
fresh daily in
Tykie's Kitchen and is "A Natural Dog Food". Made fresh daily in
Tykie's Kitchen!

..........A Natural Dog Food contains MEAT. Bet you this dog kills wabbits
in his spare time to get those things that aren't in this food - like
taurine and L-carnitine

This is the food that my loving dog "Tykie" ate for 25 years!

.........good for him, but genes and size also have a lot to do with
longevity.......oh and as many wabbits as you can catch.

Your dog will feel better, have more energy and have less health
problems.

..........no, not necessarily. Just because ONE dog (who eats wabbits on the
side) survives on this food doesn't mean other dogs can nor will have more
energy and fewer health problems.

Just add warm water and soak for a few minutes. Then add steamed
veggies or other healthy leftovers!

........like wabbits for instance?

Old April 13th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

"buglady" wrote in
ink.net:

and as many wabbits as you can catch.

Harriet approves!

--
Shelly

What I tell you three times is true.
-- Lewis Carroll
Old April 16th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Justin Wilson

"Trapper Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...

Has anyone tried this:

That would be like trying to feed an elephant meat.
Just not what nature intended.

Old April 20th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dale Atkin

"buglady" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Trapper Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tykie's Long Life Dry Mix Blend Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food is made
fresh daily in
Tykie's Kitchen and is "A Natural Dog Food". Made fresh daily in
Tykie's Kitchen!

.........A Natural Dog Food contains MEAT. Bet you this dog kills wabbits
in his spare time to get those things that aren't in this food - like
taurine and L-carnitine

I'm fairly certain (although not 100%) that it is possible (at least in
theory) that unlike in cats, it is at least in theory possible to have a
vegetarian dog food. I'd hardly call it a natural diet for them, but I think
it could (in theory) be nutritionally complete. (why on earth you'd do such
a thing though is beyond me).

Dale