quick question about a Long Flexi leash

Old April 24th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Default quick question about a Long Flexi leash

Anyone ever see a flexi leash longer than 26 feet? Or is that as long as it
gets?

Old April 24th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"MauiJNP" wrote in
news
Anyone ever see a flexi leash longer than 26 feet? Or is that as long
as it gets?

When I see one longer than 15 feet, I just want to pull out my scissors, so
I probably shouldn't have responded to this thread :-)

Tara
(who lives in a major city and deals with a special kind of Flexi Lead
Idiot that may not exist anywhere else)
Old April 24th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

MauiJNP wrote:
Anyone ever see a flexi leash longer than 26 feet? Or is that as long as it
gets?

26' is the longest I've seen. Why are you looking for something
longer?

Note: you need to be walking in an open field if you plan to use
a flexi extended much more than standard leash length (5-6').
And a long, extended flexi just multiplies the opportunities for
getting wrapped around poles, bushes, and other people's legs.

I do use a flexi when walking Oppie, but I keep control of the
length and only let it all the way out when no one else is
around. And yes, it does occasionally get wrapped around a pole
or a bush - a "back up" or "other way" command is a useful one to
have trained in these situations.

FurPaw
--
My family values don't involve depleted uranium.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old April 24th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Anyone ever see a flexi leash longer than 26 feet? Or is that as long
as it gets?

When I see one longer than 15 feet, I just want to pull out my scissors,
so
I probably shouldn't have responded to this thread :-)

Tara
(who lives in a major city and deals with a special kind of Flexi Lead
Idiot that may not exist anywhere else)

It will mainly be used for my own property. It will also be used cautiously
at the state park, when no one is around and only in the big open field
part.

As for the crazy NYer's you deal with, what are they thinking?

Old April 24th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Anyone ever see a flexi leash longer than 26 feet? Or is that as long as
it gets?

26' is the longest I've seen. Why are you looking for something longer?

I think it work better for walks than the 50 ft cotton training lead I use
with Cali (when on our property and at selective areas of the state park).

Note: you need to be walking in an open field if you plan to use a flexi
extended much more than standard leash length (5-6'). And a long, extended
flexi just multiplies the opportunities for getting wrapped around poles,
bushes, and other people's legs.

the two places that I would use it are pretty ideal places for it, limited
bushes, trees, very limited other people, etc

I do use a flexi when walking Oppie, but I keep control of the length and
only let it all the way out when no one else is around. And yes, it does
occasionally get wrapped around a pole or a bush - a "back up" or "other
way" command is a useful one to have trained in these situations.

I taught Cali "go around" after a recommendation from someone on here. Maui
knows "back up" (mostly away from food and doors since he's rarely leashed).
I have to work on teaching "back up" to Cali though.

Old April 24th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"MauiJNP" wrote in
:

It will mainly be used for my own property. It will also be used
cautiously at the state park, when no one is around and only in the
big open field part.

Ah, that makes much more sense

As for the crazy NYer's you deal with, what are they thinking?

That assumes thought in the first place.

Tara
Old April 24th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...

When I see one longer than 15 feet, I just want to pull out my
scissors,

Tara

Especially when used with a halti

--