warts any treatment?

Old April 26th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Spot

Default warts any treatment?

Does anyone have any suggestions for warts? I know they are a virus I'm
just wondering if there is anything I can give him to boost his immune
system against the darn things.

Buddy is loaded with them and for the most part they don't bother him and
they are tiny. The problem is I had one removed from is right eyelid on Jan
7 due to the fact that it was rubbing his eye and his eye was watering
constantly. Well tonight while I was wiping his face off I got to looking
at his eye and I'll be damned if the thing didn't come right back in the
same spot and this time it seems a bit bigger.

It hasn't even been 4 months since I had it removed. I had a couple warts
removed from Barneys eyelids when he was alive and none of them ever came
back. I absolutely hate to have to put him back through this again but I
know it's bothering his eye. For now I'm keeping refresh eye ointment on
the eye. It must help he didn't even struggle any when I put it in.

Celeste

--
Unique one of a kind beaded Jewelry By Celeste
http://www.blujay.com/JewelryByCeleste

Old April 26th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary

"Spot" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Buddy is loaded with them and for the most part they don't bother him and
they are tiny. The problem is I had one removed from is right eyelid on

Jan
7 due to the fact that it was rubbing his eye and his eye was watering
constantly. Well tonight while I was wiping his face off I got to looking
at his eye and I'll be damned if the thing didn't come right back in the
same spot and this time it seems a bit bigger.

......huh, thought that removal was sort of curative if they were viral. Did
you get a histopath done?

Old April 26th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Spot

No I didn't but if this gets any bigger it's going to have to be removed
again and this time I will have it done. I'm kind of worried that maybe
it's not just a wart. I just assumed it is since like I said he's covered
in them. When I got him initially he had a huge one on his back. It was
well over and inch high and just as round.

Celeste

"buglady" wrote in message
ink.net...

news:[email protected]

Old April 26th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
AMB

Baxter gets a ton of these. I've had the vet treat them twice, but
only when they become problematic (since it involves putting him under
anaesthesia).

One has definitely come back in the same place and the vet indicated
this was not unusual.

When he is treated, I ask the vet to remove as many as he can. I'm
hoping we can avoid another surgery, but there are a couple that I'm
definitely keeping an eye on.

Anne
and Baxter, the lumpy beagle

Please advise on treatment Darren Dog health 2 October 23rd 05 01:14 AM
Radiation treatment lardsoup Dog health 1 September 13th 05 01:41 PM
Warts? David Sherman Dog health 0 January 13th 05 02:43 PM
need red mange treatment! maxcoco Dog health 1 November 18th 03 11:15 AM