Blue Buffalo expands recalls

Old April 27th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
DebbieS

Default Blue Buffalo expands recalls

http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...reats_20070427

Debbie

Old April 27th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"DebbieS" wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...-and-cat-food-
as-well-as-treats_20070427

We at the Blue Buffalo Company have just learned that American Nutrition
Inc. (ANI), the manufacturer of all our cans and biscuits, has been adding
rice protein concentrate to our can formulas without our knowledge and
without our approval. This is product tampering, and it apparently has been
going on for some time. The can formulas that we developed, and trusted them
to produce, never contained any rice protein concentrate. It appears that
only an FDA investigation of ANI's rice protein concentrate supplies forced
them to reveal this product tampering to us.

............now that's what I call quality control..........

Old April 27th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

buglady wrote:

...........now that's what I call quality control..........

Keeee-rist! That is disgusting on every level.

--
Shelly
Old April 27th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

buglady wrote:
"DebbieS" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...-and-cat-food-
as-well-as-treats_20070427

We at the Blue Buffalo Company have just learned that American Nutrition
Inc. (ANI), the manufacturer of all our cans and biscuits, has been adding
rice protein concentrate to our can formulas without our knowledge and
without our approval. This is product tampering, and it apparently has been
going on for some time. The can formulas that we developed, and trusted them
to produce, never contained any rice protein concentrate. It appears that
only an FDA investigation of ANI's rice protein concentrate supplies forced
them to reveal this product tampering to us.

...........now that's what I call quality control..........

A cornerstone of a process to ensure quality is managing your
suppliers....

FurPaw
--
My family values don't involve depleted uranium.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old April 27th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

FurPaw wrote in
:

buglady wrote:
"DebbieS" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...ed-dog-and-cat
-food- as-well-as-treats_20070427

We at the Blue Buffalo Company have just learned that American
Nutrition Inc. (ANI), the manufacturer of all our cans and biscuits,
has been adding rice protein concentrate to our can formulas without
our knowledge and without our approval. This is product tampering,
and it apparently has been going on for some time. The can formulas
that we developed, and trusted them to produce, never contained any
rice protein concentrate. It appears that only an FDA investigation
of ANI's rice protein concentrate supplies forced them to reveal this
product tampering to us.

...........now that's what I call quality control..........

A cornerstone of a process to ensure quality is managing your
suppliers....

And that these companies have shown that they abdicated that responsibility
to offensive degrees is what I've been majorly pissed off about since this
whole thing started.

My personal bet is that BB is the only company honest enough to admit this
publicly (and good for them!), but that its been an across the board
practice with a LOT more foods tan that.

Tara
Old April 27th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:38:20 GMT, Tara wrote:

And that these companies have shown that they abdicated that
responsibility to offensive degrees is what I've been majorly pissed
off about since this whole thing started.

Ditto here.

My personal bet is that BB is the only company honest enough to admit
this publicly (and good for them!), but that its been an across the
board practice with a LOT more foods tan that.

Good for them? They are admitting it so they can point the finger, but I
don't buy their cry of "product tampering." That is utter bullshit. They
weren't aware because they *chose* not to oversee their manufacturer.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech
Old April 27th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Lynne wrote in
m:

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:38:20 GMT, Tara wrote:

And that these companies have shown that they abdicated that
responsibility to offensive degrees is what I've been majorly pissed
off about since this whole thing started.

Ditto here.

My personal bet is that BB is the only company honest enough to admit
this publicly (and good for them!), but that its been an across the
board practice with a LOT more foods tan that.

Good for them? They are admitting it so they can point the finger,
but I don't buy their cry of "product tampering." That is utter
bullshit. They weren't aware because they *chose* not to oversee
their manufacturer.

Oh, I agree.

But at least they're admitting that this lack of oversight led to
tampering.

I'm betting that has happened a LOT more than we're hearing about.

I'm also betting that most companies would rather plug their ears and
not deal with that (and the resulting bad press) than go public with
that inf.

Keep in mind that this was (as far as I know) the only company to
rigorously test their product and pull it *before* the next wave of
recalls even hit. That they re finally taking back control and
responsibility, and going public with the results and failings, goes a
long way with me.

At least as a start.

Tara
Old April 27th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:39:17 GMT, Tara wrote:

Oh, I agree.

But at least they're admitting that this lack of oversight led to
tampering.

I'm betting that has happened a LOT more than we're hearing about.

I'm also betting that most companies would rather plug their ears and
not deal with that (and the resulting bad press) than go public with
that inf.

Keep in mind that this was (as far as I know) the only company to
rigorously test their product and pull it *before* the next wave of
recalls even hit. That they re finally taking back control and
responsibility, and going public with the results and failings, goes a
long way with me.

At least as a start.

I still can't get past the fact that they allowed this to happen in the
first place. Not only were they not overseeing the production of their
product, they also were not overseeing their supply chain. To me, that
is unforgiveable. I don't even trust that they were completely unaware
that their recipes weren't being followed as they are claiming.

All of these mistakes led to higher profits for them, and that is what
drove all of these behaviors.

Would they publically announce these screw ups if they discovered it on
their own, outside of any recall? I highly doubt it. Yeah, they were
proactive, but you know what? I believe it is highly likely that they
supsected that their products were contaminated before they tested them.

I don't trust them, not one bit.

Old April 27th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:51:09 GMT, Lynne
wrote:

I believe it is highly likely that they
supsected that their products were contaminated before they tested them.

Change that mispelling of suspected to "knew"

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

Delmonte expands recall - pet treats buglady Dog health 2 April 8th 07 03:23 AM
Buffalo Agility Rocky Dog activities 5 May 2nd 05 03:31 AM
Buffalo Agility Rocky Dog behavior 5 May 2nd 05 03:31 AM
Buffalo Blue Dog food Humanhere2 Dog health 13 August 14th 03 03:32 PM