DiamondPet Recalls Food Melamine

Old April 27th 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default DiamondPet Recalls Food Melamine

They lied to us. They finally recalled some of their canned products.
I only feed dry dog feed but I dont think we can trust them now
because they denied, denied, denied.

Does anyone know an indepedent lab that can test these foods? The FDA
has finally started to do some semblance of their job.

I think we should have indepedent labs test all Diamond food to see if
they were lieing.
Curtis

link to recall notice: diamondpet.com

Old April 27th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

btw the Chinese government and the people who poisioned are pets must
be held responsible. This crap about still taking shipments is
total crap because they are finding more contaminated product. This
poision is already in the human food supply -- see that hogs were sold
that were fed this stuff. Its time to vote the poltiicains out of
office that sold this country out to china. Would any other country
continue to take shipments when products were contaminated? No other
country would. What ever happened to America?
Curtis

Old April 27th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:40:38 GMT, Tara wrote:

the pet food
companies and their manufactureres that actually sold us down the
river for cash.

That's what I have been saying all along and people have disagreed with me
(to put it mildly). I'm certainly not happy to be right in this case, but
I'm not the least bit surprised by any of this.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech
Old April 27th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Lynne wrote in
m:

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:40:38 GMT, Tara wrote:

the pet food
companies and their manufactureres that actually sold us down the
river for cash.

That's what I have been saying all along and people have disagreed
with me (to put it mildly). I'm certainly not happy to be right in
this case, but I'm not the least bit surprised by any of this.

Me too.

I'd rather still be accused of being pissy and overly hysterical the way
I was around here than actually be right about this.

But we got what we got. And I know quite a few people who's cats
developed sudden, out of the blue, kidney problems ...some of whom died.
Because necropsies weren't done (why would they be when there's no
reason to suspect tampering?) and the food containers weren't kept
(ditto), they will never know if those deaths were from giving their
pets tainted food.

One woman lost her heart cat two months ago, and was absolutely
devastated. When the recalls came out, she couldn't even begin to
entertain the notion that it might have been food related, so she told
herself that it was a natural course of events. I can understand that.
Nothing could be done anyway, and she didn't have the emotional reserves
for rage.

But her other cat has now been diagnosed with kidney issues. And they've
realized this IS related to tainted food. Her cat now needs long term
and expensive care.

One cat is dead, the other is sick.

And out of this woman's situation, no deaths will be reported as being
due to tainted food. Keeping those numbers nice and low.

And *I'm* the pissy one....

Tara
Old April 27th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Tara wrote in
4.196:

I'd rather still be accused of being pissy and overly hysterical
the way I was around here than actually be right about this.

*You* said you were being pissy. I said *I* was being hysterical,
and that neither response was very productive.

Lordy!

--
Shelly

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Old April 27th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:46:31 GMT, Tara wrote:

One cat is dead, the other is sick.

And it is exactly that which drives my unforgiveness in this recall
situation. Imagine all of the stories like this one and the magnitude of
pain, grief and financial outlay... it's beyond my comprehension.

I'm not cutting these manufacturers ANY slack about any of this. Ever. I
hold them fully responsible. Because they are.

Old April 27th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Shelly wrote in
.102:

Tara wrote in
4.196:

I'd rather still be accused of being pissy and overly hysterical
the way I was around here than actually be right about this.

*You* said you were being pissy. I said *I* was being hysterical,
and that neither response was very productive.

Lordy!

My first posts on this topic over in Behavior were challenged and minimized
constantly by you and others.

I could care less, but its still annoying to be talked to that way, only to
later end up having that remain unacknowledged byu those who went there.

But, at this point, its completely unimportant when compared to the real
issues at hand.

Tara

Old April 27th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Tara wrote in
4.196:

My first posts on this topic over in Behavior were challenged
and minimized constantly by you and others.

I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

The only recent (as in, post recall) discussion between the two of
us happened in *health, and was the one in which you said you were
being pissy, I said yeah, you are, and I'm being hysterical, and
neither response is very helpful.

--
Shelly

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship.
-- Louisa May Alcott
Old April 27th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Shelly wrote in
.102:

Tara wrote in
4.196:

My first posts on this topic over in Behavior were challenged
and minimized constantly by you and others.

I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

The only recent (as in, post recall) discussion between the two of
us happened in *health, and was the one in which you said you were
being pissy, I said yeah, you are, and I'm being hysterical, and
neither response is very helpful.

Not worth the time the search, c&p job would take

Nevermind

Tara