Natural Balance recalls more canned cat/dog

Old April 27th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

Default Natural Balance recalls more canned cat/dog

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/
Our canned manufacturer, American Nutrition, from Ogden Utah just informed
us that they are recalling all canned products made in their plant that
contain rice protein concentrate. American Nutrition continued by telling us
that they added this ingredient to four of our canned products without
informing us. The four products involved a

Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Beef Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Ocean Fish Formula Canned Cat Food 3 oz & 6 oz

To make sure that this does not happen in the future, we are demanding from
each of our co-packers daily production record of all of our formulas before
they are shipped to us. We have reviewed all of our other products and
determined that they are free of rice protein concentrate and that all of
our other product labels are accurate.

There have been no illnesses reported related to feeding these formulas,
however, to comply with the American Nutrition recall of the four products,
we will pull all dates and batches of these four formulas. We also ask that
our customers return unused product for a full credit to their store.