MenuFoods & Chem Nutra go to the mat, FDA and a new word

Old April 27th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default MenuFoods & Chem Nutra go to the mat, FDA and a new word

Is anyone searching Menu Foods offices?
www.itchmo.com
Steve Miller, CEO of Chem Nutra (importer of wheat gluten) sez:
“We also now believe that our wheat gluten customer, Menu Foods, used
significantly more wheat gluten monthly than we supplied to them, so we hope
that Menu Foods will disclose its other sources to the FDA to ensure that
any suspect product is quarantined.

http://tinyurl.com/3bulbw
Menu Foods Midwest Corp. wants ChemNutra Inc., of Las Vegas, to pay costs
associated with the recall of dog and cat food and is seeking damages
"substantially in excess of $75,000."

.........75 thousand bucks? That's all? Perhaps they can sue for emotional
damages too. ;-(

http://tinyurl.com/yqzj2a
Meanwhile the FDA is either totally ignorant or just isn't talking.

The REAL FDA press release:
http://tinyurl.com/2cjjz6

New entry into Urban Dictionary?
melamine, verb, intransitive, pt, melamined, ppr. melamining [TGPRF - China,
USA}
1. to trick or fool with words or actions, as in *I melamined him!* or *I
was melamined!*
2. to lie, as in *He's melamining!* or perhaps *I'm not melamining.*
verb, transitive
1. to canoodle, obfuscate, spin the facts, as in, *Let's melamine this
situation."
adjective
1. untruthful, untrustworthy, as in *He's a melamine kind of guy* or *We
have a melamine government.*

*TGPRF - The Great Pet Food Recall

Old April 27th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

buglady wrote:

........75 thousand bucks? That's all? Perhaps they can sue for emotional
damages too. ;-(

And now, it looks like the problem may be going back to last summer.
As in, that's when I had to have my cat put to sleep because he
had a sudden and very serious relapse of crystals *and* stones,
organ failure. Most likely, it is coincidence, but it makes me
wonder. He'd been through PU surgery in late fall of 2005, and had
been doing great, then WHAM!, he suddenly went into a tailspin.
And, of course, he was on canned food at the time.

--
Shelly
Old April 27th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Shelly" wrote in message
t...
And now, it looks like the problem may be going back to last summer.

....no indication of WHY exactly the FDA is saying this, but there were many
people in the first weeks of the recall commenting at PetCnx that they had
*sudden* deaths due to kidney failure back to that time.

Old April 27th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

buglady wrote:

...no indication of WHY exactly the FDA is saying this,

I got the impression that there are likely to be other brands and/or
manufactures implicated. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

but there were many
people in the first weeks of the recall commenting at PetCnx that they had
*sudden* deaths due to kidney failure back to that time.

Yep, I've read that, too. We may never know for sure, especially
now that it's looking like some manufactures were adding
unaccounted-for ingredients.

--
Shelly