Separation anxiety

Old April 30th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Vic

Default Separation anxiety

Hi All,

I'm trying to prepare my 6 month old puppy for canine good citizenship
testing and one of the areas she currently needs work with is the test
where you leave your dog with a trusted stranger for 3 minutes. My dog
will become anxious and bark when I am out of sight.

Any tips as to how to train her to wait quietly during short
separations?

Thanks,
Vic

Old May 11th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull
Kerri & Angus

I'd like to reply and offer help, advice, or at the very least
suggestions, but I cannot follow the OP's post, it's toooo long and I
don't know who is who or what is what?

OP, please give me a run down of your dog's issues and I'll see if I
can't offer suggestions or advice. Also, have you checked out
http://www.pitbullforum.com or http://www.thepitbullplace.com? Both
might be able to offer you something more than as simple, 'Put her
down' with no explaination why.

Kerri & Angus

Old May 13th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull
John Oliver

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:14:18 -0400, Colby C wrote:
Put her down.
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Res
m wrote in message
oups.com...
HOWEDY victor.engle,

If you must respond to this psycopath, please do it by email... everyone
else has him killfiled because we do not want to see his insane
ramblings. If you feel some strange compulsion to feed his psychosis in
the newsgroups, then for the love of all that is good and holy please
trim his hundreds of lines of nonsense.

I'm going to have to write a filter for any post that has over 100 lines
or so for this group...