NY Times article on use of Melamine in China

Old April 30th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Teresa Dominguez

Default NY Times article on use of Melamine in China

Below is a link to an interesting article found in NY Times 4/30/2007 on the
Melamine found in the pet food.

~~~~
NY Times
BUSINESS / WORLD BUSINESS | April 30, 2007
Filler in Animal Feed Is Open Secret in China
By DAVID BARBOZA and ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
Animal feed has been regularly supplemented with a cheap additive that is at
the center of a pet food recall.
~~~
http://tinyurl.com/ys5v38

Teresa

Old April 30th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Melinda Shore

In article ,
Teresa Dominguez wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ys5v38

A comment on the use of URL redirectors: Aside from their
too-frequent use to send people to porn sites and their
consequent untrustworthiness, there's also the question of
their usefulness as a long-term reference. If the
redirector goes out of business or if the link is expired or
lost, the redirected URL becomes useless. And personally, I
like to see what's being referred to before I bother
following the link - if it's a junk website I'm not going to
bother. And, if it's behind a redirector I'm probably not
going to bother, either. If you really, really, really feel
that you absolutely must use those things, it might be a
good idea to include the original URL, as well - it has a
lot more value over the longer term as a reference.

Old April 30th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Hayfever Edition

"Teresa Dominguez" wrote in message
Below is a link to an interesting article found in NY Times 4/30/2007 on
the Melamine found in the pet food.

~~~~
NY Times
BUSINESS / WORLD BUSINESS | April 30, 2007
Filler in Animal Feed Is Open Secret in China
By DAVID BARBOZA and ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
Animal feed has been regularly supplemented with a cheap additive that is
at the center of a pet food recall.
~~~
http://tinyurl.com/ys5v38

Teresa

These are the same people who openly beat dogs suspected of having rabies to
death en masse in the middle of streets with sticks and stones, being too
cheap to inoculate dogs in the first place. The same people who supply dog
fur to US department stores as raccoon furs. I refuse buy anything from a
country with no sense of humane treatment of animals.

Old May 1st 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Hayfever Edition wrote:

These are the same people who openly beat dogs suspected of having rabies to
death en masse in the middle of streets with sticks and stones, being too
cheap to inoculate dogs in the first place. The same people who supply dog
fur to US department stores as raccoon furs. I refuse buy anything from a
country with no sense of humane treatment of animals.

I am with you in spirit... but what do you buy? Serious question
- where do you shop, and how do you make sure that some part of
what you buy wasn't made in China? So much of the market here in
the US is flooded with goods made in China, or made from
parts/ingredients made in China.

FurPaw

--
My family values don't involve depleted uranium.

To reply, unleash the dog.