5/2/07 NEW Menu Foods recall

Old May 3rd 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary

Default 5/2/07 NEW Menu Foods recall

Hard to believe, yes. They're claiming cross contamination at the plant,
which I don't believe at all. At this point I'm totally confused. Itchmo
originally reported that there was some confusion about MenuFoods list on
this new recall. They're all canned foods.

Hence I suggest if you're feeding any of the affected foods (which I won't
list here as the list is LONG), check the menu foods website, petfoodtracker
and petsitusa. All of these can be reached through a post at the top of
Itchmo's site.

www.itchmo.com

Mars food just bought Nutro's assets. Did you want to sue Nutro? They
won't have anything to give you. Now there's more food under one company.
doG help us.

Old May 4th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Lynne

on Thu, 03 May 2007 10:57:16 GMT, "buglady"
wrote:

Mars food just bought Nutro's assets. Did you want to sue Nutro?
They won't have anything to give you. Now there's more food under one
company. doG help us.

No wonder Nutro won't answer my questions about who they were getting
gluten from prior to the first recall. I fear my cats have been consuming
melamine all along, Levi his entire life, until I switched them from Nutro
pouches to Innova Evo a couple of months before the recall.

Which brings up another question... so far Evo canned isn't on the list,
but it's manufactured by Menu Foods. I've been worried about cross
contamination all along. I have stopped feeding wet again.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech
Old May 4th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Lynne

on Thu, 03 May 2007 10:57:16 GMT, "buglady"
wrote:

www.itchmo.com

Oh, beautiful:

"Pet food from 2006 tested positive for melamine. No samples available
prior to that date."