Coughing dog

Old May 8th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cindy

Default Coughing dog

My dog keeps coughing. Is it safe to give her Vicks forumla 44 cough
relief until I can get her in to see the vet? and if so how much?
I think she cought a virus form my other dog who was coughing a few
days ago and the vet put her on antibotics. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Old May 8th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Cindy" wrote in message
ps.com...
My dog keeps coughing. Is it safe to give her Vicks forumla 44 cough
relief until I can get her in to see the vet? and if so how much?
I think she cought a virus form my other dog who was coughing a few
days ago and the vet put her on antibotics. Any help would be much
appreciated.

..........I wouldn't. What's the diagnosis on your other dog? If it's
catching it's probably kennel cough.

Old May 22nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Do not give your dogs people medication unless the vet says it's ok. A lot
of meds we use are poisonous to dogs.
It's probably an upper respitiry infection or kennel cough, eighther way
separate the dogs and clean the house real well with a strong disinfectant.
Separate the dogs until symptoms are gone they can keep giving it back and
forth to each other.

ps.com...

Coughing Dog Jonnie Dog health 2 September 17th 06 05:32 PM
Weimer - "coughing" Nathan Otis Dog health 9 December 23rd 04 01:47 PM
Dog Has Severe Night-time Congestion/Coughing/Snorting Chris D. Dog health 4 August 19th 04 01:17 PM
coughing poodle and getting worst daily. pls help kevin235 Dog health 7 March 3rd 04 08:49 AM
chf poodle coughing? (long, sorry) buglady Dog health 1 October 17th 03 10:58 AM