Mooing

Old May 8th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Default Mooing

Harriet has a new behavior. I've been letting her hang out on the
patio, on a tie-out, while I'm in the living/dining room and can
keep an eye/ear on her. It allows her to have time to mooch around
and eat grass or lie in the sun, which she enjoys.

There are usually other dogs outside, most of them hanging out on
upper balconies. She knows she's not supposed to bark, so when they
bark at her, she's taken to Mooing back at them. She sounds
*exactly* like a very small cow. It is crazy cute.

--
Shelly
Old May 8th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Shelly wrote in news:MzZ%h.20474$JZ3.4858
@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net:

There are usually other dogs outside, most of them hanging out on
upper balconies. She knows she's not supposed to bark, so when they
bark at her, she's taken to Mooing back at them. She sounds
*exactly* like a very small cow. It is crazy cute.

This *begs* for a Youtube movie. Do you have a digital camera that also
does movies? I must hear dog mooing.

I hear dog grumbling from Max, and that's pretty funny too. It is also
displaced barking. He can't keep quiet entirely, evidently, so he sounds
like a cranky old man muttering under his breath.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old May 8th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

ceb wrote:

This *begs* for a Youtube movie.

Oh, believe me, I *shall* attempt it, but will be unable to post it
in a timely fashion, even if I manage to get something usable.

Do you have a digital camera that also
does movies? I must hear dog mooing.

I do, but I am temporarily sans computer [insert every swear word
known to humankind here].

I hear dog grumbling from Max, and that's pretty funny too. It is also
displaced barking. He can't keep quiet entirely, evidently, so he sounds
like a cranky old man muttering under his breath.

"Hey you kids, get offa my lawn!" I am now visualizing Max in a
Hawaiian shirt, shorts, white golf shoes, and black socks. Thank
you, I needed the laugh.

--
Shelly
Old May 8th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Shelly wrote in
et:

I do, but I am temporarily sans computer [insert every swear word
known to humankind here].

Quel fromage! (a little joke my friends and I have)

Seriously, that does suck. Hope you're up and running soon.

I hear dog grumbling from Max, and that's pretty funny too. It is
also displaced barking. He can't keep quiet entirely, evidently, so
he sounds like a cranky old man muttering under his breath.

"Hey you kids, get offa my lawn!" I am now visualizing Max in a
Hawaiian shirt, shorts, white golf shoes, and black socks. Thank
you, I needed the laugh.

He has the black socks. I have a feeling he'd look pretty hip in a
Hawaiian shirt, although he can put on a certain world-weary expression
which would add to the old man image.

Old May 8th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"ceb" wrote in message:

He has the black socks. I have a feeling he'd look pretty hip in a
Hawaiian shirt, although he can put on a certain world-weary expression
which would add to the old man image.

I don't know why Max made me think of this:

http://www.gocomics.com/poochcafe/2007/05/07/

Suja

Old May 8th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

"Suja" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message:

He has the black socks. I have a feeling he'd look pretty hip in a
Hawaiian shirt, although he can put on a certain world-weary
expression which would add to the old man image.

I don't know why Max made me think of this:

http://www.gocomics.com/poochcafe/2007/05/07/

Too funny! But Max clearly has no concept of humiliation, as he is a
clown who will do anything for a laugh, and I could probably wear him on
my head if I were so inclined...

How is it that *I* always wind up with the silliest dogs in the
universe??

Old May 8th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
ceb wrote:
How is it that *I* always wind up with the silliest dogs in the
universe??

Nature or nurture?

Old May 8th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"ceb" wrote in message:

How is it that *I* always wind up with the silliest dogs in the
universe??

Two different theories, sumarized thusly:

Birds of a feather, flock together.

Opposites attract.

Pick one. You can't go wrong.

Suja

Old May 9th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

There are usually other dogs outside, most of them hanging out on upper
balconies. She knows she's not supposed to bark, so when they bark at
her, she's taken to Mooing back at them.

sounds like a entertaining way to get around that rule, what a clever dog!

She sounds *exactly* like a very small cow. It is crazy cute.

yes, we do need video if possible.

Old May 9th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

MauiJNP wrote:

sounds like a entertaining way to get around that rule, what a clever dog!

She is occasionally too smart for her own good.

yes, we do need video if possible.

My mom, who is *not* a dog person, said the same thing.

--
Shelly