HOWEDY

Old May 10th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Old Timer

Default HOWEDY

I'm new to this newsgroup. I thought I could update my knowledge but I guess
not. I keep seeing valid questions from folks looking for answers and then I
see posts by this Jackass "HOWEDY". Whatever good he might have to offer is
lost in his ravings like a lunatic. It's jerks like this that ruin a
newsgroup because they dominate and overcome the sensible people who like me
finally tune out! All of this posting, is of course IMHO.

Old Timer

Old May 10th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Old Timer wrote:

All of this posting, is of course IMHO.

Did you have a health related question or comment?

--
Shelly
Old May 10th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Old Timer wrote:
I'm new to this newsgroup.

And who do you think that your audience is?

Old May 10th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Old Timer wrote:
I'm new to this newsgroup.

And who do you think that your audience is?

The non-existent people who can control what everyone else posts,
apparently. Or maybe he mistook rec.pets.dogs.health for
alt.random.complaints?

--
Shelly
Old May 10th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Old Timer" wrote in message
I'm new to this newsgroup. I thought I could update my knowledge but I

guess
not. I keep seeing valid questions from folks looking for answers and then

see posts by this Jackass "HOWEDY".

.......we only see him when people like you refer to him! Filter him out.
Complaining about it just drives the rest of us nuts.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old May 10th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
R D S

"buglady" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Old Timer" wrote in message
I'm new to this newsgroup. I thought I could update my knowledge but I

guess
not. I keep seeing valid questions from folks looking for answers and
then

see posts by this Jackass "HOWEDY".

......we only see him when people like you refer to him! Filter him out.
Complaining about it just drives the rest of us nuts.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Nice one.

A noob pops in and complains that the resident lunatic puts them off joining
in in.
Then anyone who they may be able to have a sensible exchange with jumps on
them.

Good luck with your group.

Old May 10th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

R D S wrote:

Nice one.

A noob pops in and complains that the resident lunatic puts them off joining
in in.
Then anyone who they may be able to have a sensible exchange with jumps on
them.

Good luck with your group.

Huh. Did *you* have a health related question or comment?

--
Shelly
Old May 10th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
R D S

"Shelly" wrote in message
R D S wrote:

Nice one.

A noob pops in and complains that the resident lunatic puts them off
joining in in.
Then anyone who they may be able to have a sensible exchange with jumps
on them.

Good luck with your group.

Huh. Did *you* have a health related question or comment?

Huh. I do but I have yet to see anyone in this group display the necessary
level of wit or knowledge to be able to answer it. Huh.

Oh yeah, huh.

Old May 10th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Michael A. Ball

On Thu, 10 May 2007 12:58:57 GMT, "Old Timer" wrote:

I'm new to this newsgroup. I thought I could update my knowledge but I guess
not.

The choice is your's, but there are plenty of well-read, intelligent
folks here. I figure you're more interesting in whining, than learning.
Do you know how to unsubscribe from this group?

I keep seeing valid questions from folks looking for answers and then I
see posts by this Jackass "HOWEDY".

That's a fair description of Howe. Because you are new here, it is fair
to tell you that he is probably the most filtered--kill filed--person
around. People who just have to talk to and/or about him are soon
filtered out, too. Like you, they are warned and given a choice.

Regardless of the news reader you're using, someone here can help you
set up a filter for Howe.

Whatever good he might have to offer is
lost in his ravings like a lunatic. It's jerks like this that ruin a
newsgroup because they dominate and overcome the sensible people who like me
finally tune out! All of this posting, is of course IMHO.

For you information, Howe does not "dominate and overcome" anyone here.
Most of us forget he exist, until a new subscriber comes along. As
Buglady wisely explained, "......we only see him when people like you
refer to him! Filter him out. Complaining about it just drives the rest
of us nuts."

So, you can stay and learn, or unsubscribe; the choice is your's. Isn't
that great!

________________________
Whatever it takes.
Old May 10th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Michael A. Ball

On Thu, 10 May 2007 20:51:09 +0100, "R D S" wrote:

Nice one.

A noob pops in and complains that the resident lunatic puts them off joining
in in. Then anyone who they may be able to have a sensible exchange with
jumps on them.

Good luck with your group.

No one "jumped on" Old Timer. He was treated kindly. Period.

The fact that you find inadequate intelligence here only shows what you
know. More accurately, it shows your ignorance.

There are plenty of intelligent people in this group. Some of them are
not always tactful, and there is some throat cutting. However, there are
a lot of great ideas, sound opinions, and a good base of hard facts.

News groups are not for the timid.

Good luck in adjusting your attitude.

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap;
free, in some cases.