Flea protection for a large Dog?

Old May 12th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mike

Default Flea protection for a large Dog?

What is the most cost effective method to rid a large dog of fleas?
Frontline and Advantage seem to be highly recommended. Are there
cheaper products out there?

Thanks,

Mike

Old May 12th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot

Mike,

You get what you pay for when it comes to flea protection.

I learned a long time ago if you realy want rid of the nasty things to go
with Frontline Plus or Advantage the cheaper ones are a waste. If they do
work at all it's not as long as stated and they don't disrupt the life cycle
of the fleas they only kill the living so as soon as the eggs hatch you have
fleas again.

Celeste

Old May 13th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary
Mike

Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Sciences_Resea
wrote in message
oups.com...
HOWEDY Mike,

"Mike" wrote in message news:L3a1i.9426$Ae.
4812@trnddc07...

WELCOME to The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard's
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog, Child, Kat And Horse Training
Method Manual Forums And Human And Animal Behavior Forensic
Sciences Research Laboratory {); ~ )

Haldol, very large dosage

Old May 13th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mike

"Spot" wrote in message
Mike,

You get what you pay for when it comes to flea protection.

I learned a long time ago if you realy want rid of the nasty things to go
with Frontline Plus or Advantage the cheaper ones are a waste. If they do
work at all it's not as long as stated and they don't disrupt the life
cycle of the fleas they only kill the living so as soon as the eggs hatch
you have fleas again.

Celeste

Hi Celeste, where can I get the best price and most reliable service when
purchasing Frontline Plus or Advantage?

Mike

Old May 13th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot

Mike believe it or not you will probably get the best price off your vet.
I know for me to buy it at Petco I pay more than at the vets office.

If you don't have a problem with buying overseas you can also get good deals
at http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/ Even with the shipping I get the best
price on a 6 pack for dogs over 50 lbs by buying from the. I've been buying
supplies from this company for over 5 years without any problems. Currently
a 6 pack for dogs 44 to 89lbs is 54.73. I also used to buy Interceptor from
them but they don't sell it anymore and I now get it through my vets office.

I don't treat for fleas year round only when my dogs get fleas which is
maybe once a year. I know in some places you can't get away with that due
to the climate. When I discover fleas I treat the 2 dogs and 3 cats all
with Frontline Plus then follow up again the next month. So far that works
out great for us.

Celeste

Old May 13th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mike

"Spot" wrote in message
[...]

Much thanks Celeste.

Old May 27th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

On May 11, 9:58 pm, "Mike" wrote:
What is the most cost effective method to rid a large dog of fleas?
Frontline and Advantage seem to be highly recommended. Are there
cheaper products out there?

Thanks,

Mike

I recommend and use Frontline Plus on all my kids. of course there are
less expensive products, I have found them to also be less effective.
if you use Frontline Plus and notice a problem before a month is
up...you can use it every 3 wks, vs 4 wks. Dont forget to also treat
your home and yard and if you have outside cats...they MUST MUST MUST
be treated as well. otherwise, they will go out into the woods, or
down the block and bring the little buggars right back with them.
Makes for a neverending all out WAR! Excellent flea spray for the
yard, is to get a hose end sprayer, like as miracle grow one, fill it
half full of lemon joy ( yes, the dish washing detergent) and half
full of lemon amonia (I use the cheap stuff from the dollar store),
Use this weekly on your yard to eliminate fleas and flies. if you also
have a tick problem, go to Walmart or a discount grocery store, get
the cheapest powdered laundry soap with the highest bleach content (I
like 20 Mule Team Borax, from Walmart), you can sprinkle this along
your fence line (provided you have a fenced yard) and also along the
edges of your home, in the flower beds, planters whatever...I live in
rural MS and do not have bugs...I mean I live like serious out in the
middle of "the sticks". Ive got 200 acres behind me undeveloped
woodland and another 250 acres across the street woods and overgrown
pastures...I have a 1 acre fenced yard for my canine kids smack in the
middle of tick country usa and no bugs allowed here! Also, keep your
yard mowed really short..and eliminate or keep trimmed real short any
overhanging bushes..thats where the ticks like to hang out.
hope this helps,
Michelle

Labrador Protection Dog [email protected] Dog behavior 2 May 1st 06 05:36 PM
Protection Training Sasha Dog behavior 18 January 10th 04 06:36 AM
Protection Training Sasha Dog behavior 12 January 8th 04 05:28 AM
Protection Training Sasha Dog behavior 0 January 7th 04 11:27 PM
Specializing in protection dogs Jenifer Dog behavior 0 October 29th 03 01:10 AM