Dog chewing nylabone

Old May 15th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Raj

Default Dog chewing nylabone

My 5 year old golden retriever chews her nylabone vigorously and she
never gets bored of it. How safe is this? Can I leave her with this
alone at home when I`m off to work?
Thanks

Old May 15th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article .com,
Raj wrote:

My 5 year old golden retriever chews her nylabone vigorously and she
never gets bored of it. How safe is this? Can I leave her with this
alone at home when I`m off to work?
Thanks

Depends on the type of Nylabone. I've never had a problem with the hard
types, even when the edges get very rough. For the dogs that is. My
bare feet have met with too many ragged-edged Nylabones!

Try the Nylabone "Puzzlebone". Don't know what it is about them, but my
retrievers (lab mix, flat-coat and golden) all think they are great.

--
Janet Boss
Old May 15th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Janet Boss wrote in
:

Try the Nylabone "Puzzlebone". Don't know what it is about them, but
my retrievers (lab mix, flat-coat and golden) all think they are
great.

Hey, thanks for the tip -- Z & Q both love nylabones, so I'll try the
puzzlebone sometime.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old May 17th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
astrodeb

However, some dogs are powerful enough chewers to break off chunks
from the nylabones.
If your dog is doing that, take the toy away and replace with a larger
size. The chunks can
become intestinal blockages (just like any other toy, rawhide, stick,
underwear, charcoal, etc
which are chewed up). There is a long running plea by the veterinary
community for Nylabone
and other dog toy manufacturers to make their products X-ray opaque so
that a film will
give the answer when intestinal blockage is suspected.

Deb

dog chewing [email protected] Dog behavior 1 February 26th 07 03:12 AM
Chewing Jodi Dog behavior 33 November 3rd 05 03:51 PM
dog chewing he paw raw. NotGiven Dog behavior 0 January 1st 04 09:33 PM
Chewing Abigail Ruth Guerrero Dog behavior 4 September 10th 03 04:32 AM
Chewing Abigail Ruth Guerrero Dog behavior 0 September 9th 03 08:18 AM