Auto Immune Disease

Old May 17th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
R. Scott

Default Auto Immune Disease

Our 13 year old Aussie healer/border collie mix was taken in to have teeth
cleaned and he needed 15 pulled and the vet says
he has Auto Immune. I cannot find anything on the net right now. My wife
is a total basket case as
he is her baby ... I'm not thrilled either. He has shown signs of Arthritis
but the doctor says the X-rays don't show it.

I'm waiting for the vet to call as the wife barely got the auto immune part
out, and I'm going to ask more questions.

But has anyone dealt with this and what kind of quality of life are we
looking at.

I really don't want to make that decision but I need info I don't want Him
to suffer

Old May 18th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Our 13 year old Aussie healer/border collie mix was taken in to have teeth
cleaned and he needed 15 pulled and the vet says
he has Auto Immune. I cannot find anything on the net right now.

Autoimmune diseases are a category with many different diseases lumped in.
Kind of like saying "allergies" - well, what kind of allergies?

What tests did the vet run to come to this conclusion or is this a hunch
only based on exam?