FREE Dog to a Good Home and a Loving Master, Saint Louis, MO USA; Call +1 (314) 922-8169, If Interested

Old May 22nd 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
NIV Consulting

Default FREE Dog to a Good Home and a Loving Master, Saint Louis, MO USA; Call +1 (314) 922-8169, If Interested

I have a dog that is FREE to a good home and a loving master. My dog
is an 80 pound (36,4 kg) male, neutered mixed breed (AKA mutt), with
all-white color fur, except for small blotches on his ear. His name
is Job and will be 3 years old in November, 2007 (he was whelped some
time in 11/2004). Job is a very nice dog that likes to be around
people and constant interaction with people. He has his rabies and
other vaccinations all current and has a clean bill of health from my
veternarian. Because I have a very busy schedule and a new baby, I am
no longer able to give him the time and the attention that he needs.
If anyone out there is looking for a dog and/or can give Job a good
home, please contact me at (314) 922-8169. Pictures of Job are
available upon request. If you are interested, you must call me to
discuss about this. E-mail and thread inquiries regarding this dog
WILL NOT BE ANSWERED AND THUS, WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE. I am located
in the Saint Louis, MO area. Local pick-up's preferred. You must
make your own arrangements to pick up and transport this dog to your
home. No pet dealers, please. I also reserve the right to decline
giving the dog to any inquirer, if I feel that he/she would not be
good for Job. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY- I HAVE NO TIME FOR WINDOW
SHOPPERS. AGAIN, ONLY INQUIRIES BY PHONE WILL BE ANSWERED AND RECEIVE
A RESPONSE....Posted on May 21st, 2007

Old May 22nd 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article . com,
NIV Consulting wrote:

Because I have a very busy schedule and a new baby, I am
no longer able to give him the time and the attention that he needs.

Lucy was one of these throwaways (not enough time anymore). I think she
really lucked out. May I wish the same for poor Job.

--
Janet Boss
Old May 23rd 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Janet Boss wrote:

Lucy was one of these throwaways (not enough time anymore). I think she
really lucked out. May I wish the same for poor Job.

As was Miss Brown (though I think Boxer adolescence had a lot to do
with it--it is not for the faint of heart). I am amazed on a near
daily basis that someone would get rid of her. If only her former
owners knew what they were missing!

--
Shelly
Old May 23rd 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

I am amazed on a near
daily basis that someone would get rid of her. If only her former
owners knew what they were missing!

I've felt the same way about all of my "second hand" dogs. How could
someone not want this dog? Rudy, ok - a wild puppy who was not
appropriate for the 2 former households, but Lucy? She was surrendered
at 22 months and was just a perfect dog (in my eyes at least!). She
moved in effortlessly and has been a total joy for the last 8+ years.
Everyone loves her. Except her first owner I guess.

--
Janet Boss
Old May 23rd 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

I've felt the same way about all of my "second hand" dogs. How could
someone not want this dog?

I'm sure there are a lot of us in the same boat, often left to wonder why
someone wouldn't want this perfectly amazing dog. Khan falls into that
category, as does my brother's dog, Gatsby.

Everyone loves her. Except her first owner I guess.

I have seen some people have legitimate reasons for having to give up their
pet. Recently, there has been too many requests going around for temporary
(or longer term) fosters for people who are getting deployed and have no
place for their dogs, or are trying to get out of domestic violence
situations, except the shelters don't take animals, and they can't leave
them behind, with the abuser. And I think that Pan's former mom did what
was in the best interest of her dog, although it hurt her so badly to do so.

Most often though, you hear the lamest excuses. Including the idiots who
said that it'll be our rescue's fault if their dog ends up at the shelter
(kill shelter that does not work with rescues) if we refuse to take the dog,
because they're going on vacation and won't spend the money on boarding the
dog.

Suja

Old May 23rd 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Recently, there has been too many requests going around for temporary
(or longer term) fosters for people who are getting deployed and have no
place for their dogs

I saw a website awhile back that helped link up people who were deployed and
had to leave pets behind with people who were willing to watch the pets for
them (for free). Can't remember the site now but I remember thinking that
is a great way to be able to support the troops.

Old May 23rd 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Recently, there has been too many requests going around for temporary
(or longer term) fosters for people who are getting deployed and have no
place for their dogs

I saw a website awhile back that helped link up people who were deployed
and had to leave pets behind with people who were willing to watch the
pets for them (for free). Can't remember the site now but I remember
thinking that is a great way to be able to support the troops.

I think this is the one I saw before...

https://www.netpets.org/netp/foster.php

Old May 23rd 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

in thread news:2007052315314016807-montana@wildhackcominvalid: montana
wildhack whittled the following words:

On 2007-05-23 11:22:00 -0400, "Suja" said:

people have legitimate reasons for having to give up their pet.

Even if they don't seem like "legitimate reasons," once someone has
decided that they can't deal with the dog for ANY reason, it's wise,
IMO, to find the dog another home with someone else.

Beanie's family had to give her up. They didn't want to do it, but they
thought of her best interest. We may be better for her in some ways,
but I know she misses having kids around. She loved her first family
and they loved her.

The people we really cannot understand were Tracy's first family who
just threw him out.

But anybody who finds a nice home for their dog is ok with me.

I'm so glad you came into Beanies life when you did! And I'm also grateful
that Tracy came into yours.
Old May 23rd 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article 2007052315314016807-montana@wildhackcominvalid,
montana wildhack wrote:

But anybody who finds a nice home for their dog is ok with me.

Rehoming a dog with care is something I can't fathom ever doing, but
life happens sometimes. It's the bringing to a shelter that really gets
to me. No control over the dog's fate. I just can't even imagine how
anyone can do that! Some dogs luck out, some don't.

--
Janet Boss
Old May 23rd 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
elegy wrote:

his owner but he didn't want mushroom back.
sadly, i figure that's because he is so gentle and sweet. sigh.

Bingo. I think many a pitbull has been dumped for just that reason.
One of my students lucked out and got their puppy back from being stolen
(yes, the house was robbed and they stole the puppy from her crate!).
Once the idiot thieves discovered what a doll she was, they seemed to
have no use for her and turned her loose.

--
Janet Boss