for my dog Mandy

Old May 23rd 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cindy

Default for my dog Mandy

I'm writing this in regards to my dog Mandy. She died a day and a half
after a vet Dr. Gunner gave her 2 shots, one a 0.50 Benadryl Injection
and 0.50 Dex. Injection. one of them which made her bleed quite a
bit , he said that he hit a vein. The original appointment was for my
other dog Maggie and I brought Mandy along to have her anal sacks
cleaned out and have him check her nose being stuffed up, she gets
allergies. Right after he gave her the shot she started acting weird
like breathing funny and even fell after I got her home. I tried to
call Dr. Gunner 3 times that day after, asking each time "did you give
him my message" and I was told "yes", but he never returned my calls
and after my last call some guy working there told me he went home
early. The next day she kept getting weaker and peeing on herself
and couldn't get up and around 3am I tried to take her out to pee and
she collapsed and was gasping for air while I hysterically tried to
get dressed to rush her into the emergency but she couldn't hold on
and went into a seizure and died in my arms. I was in shock and
disbelief. I even tried to give her mouth to mouth but to no advil.
When vet Gunner finally called the next week first thing he says is
that a autopsy cant tell anything. Then claims the guy working there
gave him the wrong number and then later claimed he never got my
messages. I'm sorry but I have a difficult time believing this as I
have been a client there for 20 years with the same phone number the
whole time and all he needed to do was look at my chart. I really
believe he was avoiding my calls so he could leave early and didn't
take me seriously. He could have at least had the decency to refer me
to another vet rather than just leave me hanging. I would think after
seeing the way he made my baby bleed after the last shot he would have
at least called me to make sure she was OK. Mandy was only 9 years
old and didn't deserve to die like this and I have been in constant
torment sense this incident. I feel her death is directly related to
the shots given her and he should have given her a thorough exam and
blood test befor doing anything. I think he was in a rush to get to
the next client so didn't bother with it. Give her a couple of shots
and get her on her way.
Can anyone here tell me about the 2 shots mentioned and what the
overdose symptoms are. Thanks for any help.