"What's that smell...?"

Old May 24th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Charles Lavin

Default "What's that smell...?"

Hi --

I picked up a new client yesterday. This client is an importer and
wholesaler of incense products, scented candles, potpourri, etc.

I came back from the client with a stack of paperwork, including their
latest catalog. Like everything else in that warehouse, the catalog reeks of
a jumble of scents from their products. (If you didn't know what these
people did, you'd know immediately the moment you stepped into the
building.)

My shepherd/Husky mix has become obsessed with that catalog. I have it on my
desk in my office. Every time the dog walks into my office to check on me
(which he does at least twice an hour), he digs his nose into the catalog
and sniffs every square inch he has access to. I even think he's walked in
here a few extra times today, just to sniff my desk.

Does anybody know which of the jumble of aromas in that catalog he's
responding to? He looks really happy when he's sniffing the catalog. If he
really likes it, and I can figure out what it is, I'll get him some of the
real stuff ...

Is there any aromatherapy information for dogs available?

Thanks,
CL

Old May 25th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Is there any aromatherapy information for dogs available?

It's probably a scent that mimics a pheremone that 'turns him on' - so to
say.

Old May 25th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Julia Altshuler

Sharon Too wrote:
Is there any aromatherapy information for dogs available?

It's probably a scent that mimics a pheremone that 'turns him on' - so to
say.

With Genny, aromatherapy consisted of dead fish, well aged poop, and
stagnent swamp water.

--Lia

Old May 25th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
. ..
Sharon Too wrote:

It's probably a scent that mimics a pheremone that 'turns him on' - so

say.

With Genny, aromatherapy consisted of dead fish, well aged poop, and
stagnent swamp water.

..........fresh feral pig poop........gak.........ever tried to ride in a car
with such a dog?

........and to the OP, just ask your new client for their scrap waste
paper.....no need to know what it is!

Old May 25th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Shadow Walker

Just keep a catalog of their around your house. With all the different
scents they have it would almost be impossible to find the one if not
multiple ones he likes. You could spend a fortune looking for the one and
come to find out it's the whole that he likes. Dogs are scent junkies.

Old May 26th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health
Charles Lavin

.......and to the OP, just ask your new client for their scrap waste
paper.....no need to know what it is!

LOL! I'd have a fun time explaining this to the client:

"I'm not too tolerant of heavy scents, and probably wouldn't buy your
products. But my dog absolutely loves _something_ in here. Could I have all
your scrap paper?"

Better still: Take the dog with me the text time I go there. My dogs are
actually welcomed at a few of my clients, so this might be an option.
Especially since this place is in a pretty bad part of town ...

CL

link.net...