Where to get a dachshund or miniature schnauzer in the UK (London area)?

Old October 11th 03, 08:46 PM
bluecalx

Default Where to get a dachshund or miniature schnauzer in the UK (London area)?

I'm interested in getting a miniature smooth-hair dachshund or
miniature schnauzer and I live in north London. I'm not sure how to
go about finding a good breeder in the area.

I'm not interested in showing or breeding my potential dog - I only
want him/her as a companion. I do want a well-tempered dog, but I
don't want a champion-bred megadog.

Has anyone had experience with breeders in the London area? Any
recommendations or warnings? Or do you know of any upcoming litters?
We're looking to get our dog around the end of January.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-danny

Old October 13th 03, 04:42 PM
JDM

Not sure if this is a great deal of help, but as I've recently joined this
group in order to learn about british bulldogs, I will start off by offering
my thoughts on the only breed I know something about - schnauzers.

I grew-up with these dogs, both miniature and giant. Both miniatures were
remarkable dogs and their temperament was fantastic. Whilst we bought the
puppies from a breeder, both times we chose what might be called the 'runts
of the litter'. Never any problems, always healthy, amazing with
childeren - tendancy to sulk. In hindsight, we had two miniatures and one
giant, and the giant was a real handful and not the most pleasant-natured
dog by any means - would choose a miniature every time.

If I can think of the name of the breeders I can post it to you, but it is
up in Derbyshire (UK).

If you've already decided on this breed then I suspect you already knew what
I've just said!

Good luck

Jonathan

news