vomiting dogs...please help

Old May 27th 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cindy

Default vomiting dogs...please help

I have 2 really sick dogs here. Both vomiting and I found loose runny
stools on the floor. I think they are sick from a bad can of Solid
Gold dog food. Ive been giving them pepto bismo and pedyalite. My
little silky is wimipering though and Im really worried. Can anyone
give me any suggestions on what to do to make her tummy feel better?
Its seems they are vomiting the stuff Im giving them too. Please
help

Old May 27th 07, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy

in thread ups.com: Cindy
whittled the following words:

I have 2 really sick dogs here. Both vomiting and I found loose runny
stools on the floor. I think they are sick from a bad can of Solid
Gold dog food. Ive been giving them pepto bismo and pedyalite. My
little silky is wimipering though and Im really worried. Can anyone
give me any suggestions on what to do to make her tummy feel better?
Its seems they are vomiting the stuff Im giving them too. Please
help

Take them to a vet
Old May 27th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

diddy wrote:
in thread ups.com: Cindy
whittled the following words:

I have 2 really sick dogs here. Both vomiting and I found loose runny
stools on the floor. I think they are sick from a bad can of Solid
Gold dog food. Ive been giving them pepto bismo and pedyalite. My
little silky is wimipering though and Im really worried. Can anyone
give me any suggestions on what to do to make her tummy feel better?
Its seems they are vomiting the stuff Im giving them too. Please
help

Take them to a vet

Yes. If they're not better this morning, find an emergency vet
clinic. Don't wait until Tuesday.

If there's any food left from the suspected can, save it, and
save the can; it should have a production lot number on it.
Bring all of this to the vet. Solid Gold has not been the list
of tainted foods (as far as I know), but problems are still
turning up.

http://itchmo.com/recalls.html - recalled pet foods
http://thepetfoodlist.com/index.htm - recalled and not recalled

I hope your doggies feel better quickly.

FurPaw

--
My family values don't involve depleted uranium.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old May 27th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
diddy wrote:

Isn't Solid Gold = Hundenflocken?

yes.

(which has been on the recall list)

I don't think so.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old May 28th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

I have 2 really sick dogs here. Both vomiting and I found loose runny
stools on the floor. I think they are sick from a bad can of Solid
Gold dog food. Ive been giving them pepto bismo and pedyalite. My
little silky is wimipering though and Im really worried. Can anyone
give me any suggestions on what to do to make her tummy feel better?
Its seems they are vomiting the stuff Im giving them too. Please
help

sounds like they got into something bad, take them to the vet and let us
know how things turn out

Old May 28th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

Cindy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 2 really sick dogs here. Both vomiting and I found loose runny
stools on the floor. I think they are sick from a bad can of Solid
Gold dog food. Ive been giving them pepto bismo and pedyalite. My
little silky is wimipering though and Im really worried. Can anyone
give me any suggestions on what to do to make her tummy feel better?
Its seems they are vomiting the stuff Im giving them too. Please
help

boggle

I cannot even imagine having this situation going on in my household and
spending a single minute typing in a request for information to a newsgroup
and not immediately getting my dogs to the vet.

Especially with a small dog like a silky. Dehydration would happen SO
quickly.

I would be on the phone long enough to contact my vet's emergency number and
even then I would have the car keys in my hand the whole conversation.

Judy

Old May 28th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cindy

On May 28, 6:54 am, "Judy" wrote:
Cindy" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

I did call them several times but they wouldnt allow me to take her in
with out a whole lot of money up front so Im frantically trying out
how to come up with a whole lot of money so I applied online for a
care credit card and was approved for 500 and that wasent even enough
to cover it all as I took the sick one in yesterday and it came to
almost 1000 to put her on IVs overnight but she is ok now. All those
places care about is money, if you dont have at least 500 upfront
money youre out of luck period!

Old May 28th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article .com,
Cindy wrote:

I did call them several times but they wouldnt allow me to take her in
with out a whole lot of money up front so Im frantically trying out
how to come up with a whole lot of money so I applied online for a
care credit card and was approved for 500 and that wasent even enough
to cover it all as I took the sick one in yesterday and it came to
almost 1000 to put her on IVs overnight but she is ok now. All those
places care about is money, if you dont have at least 500 upfront
money youre out of luck period!

Do you expect them to provide service for free?

Pet ownership is not free, and rarely cheap. Being prepared, whether a
credit card, bank account, etc, is a responsible way for you to be
prepared for emergencies such as this.

I wish more people would think about long-term costs instead of initial
investment, and good breeders and even shelters provide that reality
check. BYBs and petstores? Not so much.

Old May 28th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

Cindy wrote:

I did call them several times but they wouldnt allow me to take her in
with out a whole lot of money up front so Im frantically trying out
how to come up with a whole lot of money so I applied online for a
care credit card and was approved for 500 and that wasent even enough
to cover it all as I took the sick one in yesterday and it came to
almost 1000 to put her on IVs overnight but she is ok now. All those
places care about is money, if you dont have at least 500 upfront
money youre out of luck period!

Both dogs are ok now? That must be a relief. Was the vet able
to give you a diagnosis or figure out what caused the problem?
Was it the food?

Harsh as it sounds, Janet is right, you know. Becoming a vet
costs a lot of money, and many are still paying off vet school
loans for several years after they graduate. Running a practice,
renting an office, stocking the meds, buying the equipment,
paying salaries... none of this comes for free to the vets, and
they have to charge you in order to stay in business and to be
able to continue to provide care. I suspect they have gotten
burned by providing emergency care without a deposit, and then
never getting paid for it, so they have to be firm about getting
at least some of the costs up front. You, of course, would pay
them back every penny as soon as you could, but other people's
lack of responsibility has ruined it for you, and that's just one
of the facts of life.

This comes as a shock the first time you have an emergency with
your pet. Now that you've been through it, I suspect that you
now plan to set aside a fund so that you'll have money to pay the
vet when an emergency happens again. Notice that I said "when,"
not "if."

Fingers crossed for a swift recovery for your doggies.

FurPaw

Old May 28th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Cindy

On May 28, 9:05 am, FurPaw wrote:
Cindy wrote:
[...]

I am a responible pet owner and have my pets in the vet all the
time! I have taken precations to avoid these kind of diastors by
keeping them vacinated and feed them the best food there is and
regular checkups. Its not my fault the dog food compinies are selling
poision to the public because of irresponisble chinese or what ever
else. Well I have a charge card now that Ive been approved for 1000
for pet emergencies only! I never expected anything for free but Im
not rich either. My babies get the best there is and even sleep on my
bed. and to all you rich people who judge us who struggle to just get
by
ppppppppppppsssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttt ttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I picked up Maggie this morinng from the vet hospital and both dogs
are doing fine now. It was caused from rotton dog food that I thought
was the best..Ha! what a joke!