Travel with dog

Old June 1st 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Jane

Default Travel with dog

Well we have our dogs pet passport sorted and off we go to greece
in August. Usually we would travel over April and come back Nov,
so the weather would be cooler.

My question, what can I do to make sure my dog does not suffer
too much from the heat while travelling. We do have air
conditioning (Range Rover - I mention this as she will be in the
rear boot area and not right near to the air con vents). I think
the car will cool all through but obviously the sun pouring
through the windows, I hope!, might make it hotter.

Should we have a draught blowing on her from an open window too,
or should she be OK if the car is cool? Should she have water
more often than once or twice during a 350 mile trip (average
each day).

Not so bothered when we get to our Greek home as it is on the
coast, has air con and nice cold tiled floors just for her !
Thanks for any info.

Jane

dog travel Blackie Dog behavior 1 June 28th 06 05:49 AM
Travel aid [email protected] Dog health 0 February 7th 06 01:26 PM
Travel aid [email protected] Dog breeds 0 February 7th 06 01:26 PM
Travel aid [email protected] Dog behavior 0 February 7th 06 01:26 PM
Pet travel to Egypt (dog) Peter L Dog behavior 3 July 31st 03 01:51 AM