Peanut and the food storage container

Old June 4th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Peanut and the food storage container

It takes Peanut such a long time (over a month) to go through even the
smaller bag of dry food that I decided tonight to divide it into several
old Folger's plastic coffee "cans". I've already discovered that
they're pretty good at keeping cookies and potato chips fresh, so
decided to try it with dog food.

In retrospect, I guess, I should have done this *before* feeding him,
but we opened the new bag to give him his food and it was after that
that I thought of it. His reaction was *so* intense ("oh, wow! I hear
food! **Lots** of food! It must all be for *me*!") and so amusing
(kind of a happy food anticipatory dance, which BTW he's never done
before, involving lots of standing on hind legs interspersed with
running in circles) that I had to "accidentally" drop three or four
pieces of it off the counter, after which he calmed down.
--
Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,
* | blazing high above your head.

Old June 12th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kimber

Sorry I'm adding to this thread so late, but my computer has been down.
Anyway, I've had this issue with every pet I've ever owned. I get the
smallest IAMS bags, which are only 1 1/2 pounds for a cat and 4 pounds
for a dog, and that's still way too much! Every pet I've ever owned has
been so finicky about freshness that I've been using this product:

http://www.pump-n-seal.com/

for years and years. It works great! It's a bit of a nuisance, but I put
3 or 4 days worth of food into zip lock baggies, so that I'm only
vacuum packing the food a couple times a week - not every day. And I try
to press as much air out of the baggies as I can.

Amy

On 2007-06-03 23:32:56 -0400, Kevin Michael Vail said:

His reaction was *so* intense ("oh, wow! I hear food! **Lots** of
food! It must all be for *me*!") and so amusing (kind of a happy food
anticipatory dance, which BTW he's never done before, involving lots
of standing on hind legs interspersed with running in circles) that I
had to "accidentally" drop three or four pieces of it off the counter,
after which he calmed down.

Have you ever seen "Oliver!"? There's a song Food Glorious Food, that
you need to teach Peanut, or at least choreograph his happy dance to...