Acetaminophen found in pet food

Old June 6th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Acetaminophen found in pet food

Oh for ch*t's sake................ though this might explain the toxicity of
the additives. I almost can't stand any more. Has this made the national
TV news anywhere?

http://www.itchmo.com/read/texas-lab...t-food_2007060
5#comments

The medication was mostly found with cyanuric acid, and hundreds of other
samples that were sent in tested positive for melamine. The contaminants
were found in pet foods that have not been recalled.

More here - a Hills cat food product was found to NOT contain melamine
and/or derivatives but did contain acetominophen:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/recall-up...day-9_20070606

Oh, and one Ol' Roy lot recalled due to salmonella.

Old June 6th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"buglady" wrote in message
link.net...

http://www.itchmo.com/read/recall-up...day-9_20070606

Adding insult to injury.........(emphasis mine).
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_510984.html
The contaminants were found in foods that are not among the more than 150
brands recalled since March 16, Coneley said. The highest level of
acetaminophen was found in a dog food sample submitted by a manufacturer,
she said. Coneley declined to identify the company but said its officials
were given the results "well___over___ a___ month___ ago."
[..]
The highest level of acetaminophen found by the Texas lab -- 2 milligrams
per gram of dog food -- is a large amount, Rumbeiha said. That is eight
times what a 10-pound cat could safely consume, he said.
[..]

Old June 7th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lilah Morgan

"buglady" wrote in message
link.net...
Oh for ch*t's sake................ though this might explain the toxicity

of
the additives. I almost can't stand any more. Has this made the national
TV news anywhere?

http://www.itchmo.com/read/texas-lab...t-food_2007060
5#comments

The medication was mostly found with cyanuric acid, and hundreds of other
samples that were sent in tested positive for melamine. The contaminants
were found in pet foods that have not been recalled.

More here - a Hills cat food product was found to NOT contain melamine
and/or derivatives but did contain acetominophen:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/recall-up...day-9_20070606

Oh, and one Ol' Roy lot recalled due to salmonella.

Ol' Roy? That's what I feed my dogs. That's it...been thinking about it ever
since the pet food recalls started, and lately have been doing research on
it, but now I for sure am going to switch them to 'homemade' dog
food....Joxer is gonna start getting 'homemade' cat food as well...I'm not
gonna wait to know for sure that what I feed my dogs is contaminated...by
then it'll be too late.