Summer stinks

Old June 18th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Summer stinks

[]
But at least the dogs aren't very demanding. Clockwise from
lower left - Cinder, Image, Slick, Eclipse, and Emmett.

http://www.employees.org/~shore/dogsondeck.jpg

Old June 18th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On 18 Jun 2007 11:47:19 -0400, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

[]
But at least the dogs aren't very demanding. Clockwise from
lower left - Cinder, Image, Slick, Eclipse, and Emmett.

http://www.employees.org/~shore/dogsondeck.jpg

Oh my. I'm going to be in your area the last weekend in July for a
greyhound/winery event. I might have to visit your dogs for a husky
fix if you're around.

Mustang Sally

Old June 18th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
Oh my. I'm going to be in your area the last weekend in July for a
greyhound/winery event.

??? What is it?

I might have to visit your dogs for a husky
fix if you're around.

I'm only around for part of the weekend, but we can
definitely arrange something. If you're up for a Great Big
Adventure you can go out to the boarding kennel with me to
pick up the dogs. There's nothing quite like it (which is
probably a good thing).

Old June 18th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

(Melinda Shore) wrote in news:f569e7$9h6$1
@panix3.panix.com:

http://www.employees.org/~shore/dogsondeck.jpg

It's flat Husky time! Is Eclipse the one who keeps an eye on you at all
times, or just for this picture?

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old June 18th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

But at least the dogs aren't very demanding. Clockwise from
lower left - Cinder, Image, Slick, Eclipse, and Emmett.

http://www.employees.org/~shore/dogsondeck.jpg

Lazy lot! What you need is a crazy young 'un. Wanna borrow Satchmo for a
couple of days?

We went to a friend's place yesterday to help her with her garden. She's a
wonderful person who is having a hard time keeping up because of her back
surgery. While the humans weeded, Satchmo did laps around her fenced in
acre, played with her dogs until they didn't want any part of him anymore,
dug up the water in the kiddie pool, fell into her in-ground pool when he
didn't realize that water lay under the green surface, helped dig the hole
for their drain pipe to go in, tried to go fishing for Koi,.... It only
took about 3 hours of that, but he walked beautifully on a leash for the
first time (typical MO on a Halti, is to jump up in the air and spin, whine,
rub face on ground, grass, brush, sproing like a buck, etc.) for our evening
walk.

Suja

Old June 18th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

"Suja" wrote in
:

Satchmo did laps around her fenced in
acre, played with her dogs until they didn't want any part of him
anymore, dug up the water in the kiddie pool, fell into her in-ground
pool when he didn't realize that water lay under the green surface,
helped dig the hole for their drain pipe to go in, tried to go fishing
for Koi,....

He sounds like a pup who knows how to have a good time!

Old June 18th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
ceb wrote:
It's flat Husky time! Is Eclipse the one who keeps an eye on you at all
times, or just for this picture?

They all do, in their way, but Eclipse is the one who walks
right next to me all the time. The other dogs tend to
figure out where I'm going in the house and then dash ahead
to meet me. So, for example, I'll find a cluster of dogs
waiting for me at the top of the stairs, but Eclipse will be
by my side.

When I first met Eclipse I didn't like her that much because
she was awfully clingy for a Siberian and she stared at me
non-stop (in a non-threatening way), and I've found that
other people don't like her, either. She's kind of
over-the-top about everything (work, play, eating, staring,
.... ) and even when she's sitting still she gives the
impression that she's about to spontaneously combust from
trying to control her energy, but she grew on me very
quickly (almost immediately, in fact) and once you
understand who she is and accept it she's an incredibly
great dog.

Old June 18th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:47:19 GMT, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

[]
But at least the dogs aren't very demanding. Clockwise from
lower left - Cinder, Image, Slick, Eclipse, and Emmett.

http://www.employees.org/~shore/dogsondeck.jpg

Gorgeous rugs you have there!

Roxy concurs with your lot. It was too hot for me to go running at lunch
today, so I threw the tennis ball for her. After the 4th throw, she looked
at me like I was crazy, went to the door and waited to be let in.

--
Lynne
Old June 18th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"ceb" wrote in message:

He sounds like a pup who knows how to have a good time!

You can say that again. The good thing is that he does come with lower
gears, if not an off switch. When he is not being actively entertained by
dogs or humans, he'll go find something (appropriate) to do.

It was nice to see him go all ballistic when his mom came to pick him up.
He's ordinarily not a demonstrative dog, but you should've seen him with his
ears slicked back, tail going in circles, running up and down stairs
whine-howling, trying to grab the other dogs' legs as he ran by. Crazy dog.
It was fun having him around.

Suja

Beagle Puppy stinks! Dixie Sugar \(from Mississippi\) Dogs - general 3 March 7th 06 07:32 PM
Rambo STINKS! Kind2dogs Dog behavior 3 September 3rd 03 03:32 PM
Rambo STINKS! dejablues Dog breeds 8 September 3rd 03 04:40 AM
Rambo STINKS! dejablues Dog behavior 16 September 3rd 03 04:40 AM
Rambo STINKS! dejablues Dog behavior 0 September 2nd 03 09:38 PM