Shelty

Old June 19th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
BorisL

Default Shelty

Hi I just today picked up my Doggie a 6 year young Male Shetland Sheep Dog.
Bought the Doggie from a person that shows Shelties for $200. So far a
wonderful Dog even get`s along with my Cat.
So I had the dog all day so far but have not heard a sound out of him, when
he want`s to go out he nudges me with his snout and I take him out and he
does his business. Anyway I found this a bit strange so I call the breeder
and asked her if this is normal and she informed me that it was a show dog
and had the vocal cords cut! Sounds horrible and I love the Doggie and am
gonna keep him, is this normal procedure?
Now in order for the breeder to give me the AKC papers she want`s me to
have the Doggie neutered. Now I don`t care about the AKC papers I have no
intention to breed the Doggie.And if it is not detrimental to the Doggie I
have no objection to have him neutered. Is it safe to have a Dog neutered at
that age (6)?
Thank you
Boris
Here are some pics of him
http://public.fotki.com/borysd/got-me-a-doggieshet/

Old June 19th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Janet Boss

In article eMIdi.1364$bn6.267@trnddc03,
"BorisL" wrote:

she informed me that it was a show dog
and had the vocal cords cut! Sounds horrible and I love the Doggie and am
gonna keep him, is this normal procedure?

A lot of sheltie people seem to do it. I find the raspy sound more
annoying than barking and prefer to teach quiet, but what's done is done.

Now in order for the breeder to give me the AKC papers she want`s me to
have the Doggie neutered. Now I don`t care about the AKC papers I have no
intention to breed the Doggie.And if it is not detrimental to the Doggie I
have no objection to have him neutered. Is it safe to have a Dog neutered at
that age (6)?

Yes, it's safe. She should require it even without the registration
paper issue though.

--
Janet Boss
Old June 20th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Lynne

on Tue, 19 Jun 2007 04:16:10 GMT, "BorisL" wrote:

Here are some pics of him
http://public.fotki.com/borysd/got-me-a-doggieshet/

He is gorgeous!! Congratulations, Shelties are lovely, sweet and smart
dogs. Definitely get him neutered, and you ought to get his teeth cleaned
while he is sedated for the neuter so he won't have to be put to sleep
another time for dental work (I noticed some tarter in that first photo).

I think it's a shame that his vocal chords were cut. I expect he will
vocalize a little once he is settled in, but it just won't be loudly.
Shelties are very talkative and he'll probably have a lot to tell you.

--
Lynne
Old June 20th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

HOWEDDY BorisL,

"BorisL" wrote in message news:eMIdi.
1364$bn6.267@trnddc03...

WELCOME to The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child,
Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferett, Monkey And Horsey
Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog, Child, Kat, Goat, Ferett, Monky
And Horse Training Method Manual Forums
And Human And Animal Behavior Forensic
Sciences Research Laboratory {); ~ )

I'm Jerry Howe, The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat,
Ferett, Monkey And Horsey Wizard {) ; ~ )

Here's your own FREE COPY of The Sincerely Incredibly
Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child,
Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferett, Monkey And Horsey Wizard's

The *666* Edition Of Your Own
FREE COPY
Of
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
G-R-A-N-D
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferett, Monkey
And Horsey Wizard's
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
***FREE***
WWW Wits' End Dog, Child, Kat, Goat, Ferett, Monkey
And Horsey Training Method
Manual{) ; ~ )

{#}: ~ } 8 { ~ :{@}
{#}: ~ } { ~ :{@}
{#}:~} {~ :{@}
{}:~}www.smart.net/~pstech/HoweManual.txt{}:~}
{#}: ~ } { ~ :{@}
{#}:~} { ~ :{@}
{#}: ~ } 8 { ~ :{@}

Hi I just today picked up my Doggie a 6 year young
Male Shetland Sheep Dog. Bought the Doggie from
a person that shows Shelties for $200.

EXXXCELLENT! Nice deal {}: ~ )

So far a wonderful Dog even get`s along with my Cat.

Of curse! Dogs an kats go together
like a child an paddle {}': ~ )

Oooops! Pardon me... that was suppHOWESED to read
'dogs an kats go together like glove in hand' {}: ~ (

So I had the dog all day so far but have not heard
a sound out of him, when he want`s to go out he
nudges me with his snout and I take him out and
he does his business.

EXXXCELLENT. HOWEsbreakin is a critter's MOST
NORMAL NATURAL INNATE INSTINCTIVE
REFLEXIVE terrortorial imperative from the age of
three weeks {}: ~ )

Anyway I found this a bit strange so I call the breeder
and asked her if this is normal and she informed me
that it was a show dog and had the vocal cords cut!

That's particularly dangerHOWES surgery
for long snHOWETED dogs like Collies an
Sheltys {}: ~ (

Sounds horrible

INDEEDY. HOWEver, it's commonly recommended
by the pathetic miserable stinkin lyin animal murderin
punk thug coward active accute chronic life long incurable
mental cases here abHOWETS you're askin for advice.

and I love the Doggie and am gonna
keep him, is this normal procedure?

NO. It's INSANE behavior ONLY done by
UNETHICKAL veterinary malpracticioners
and DOG LOVERS like the pathetic miserable
stinkin lyin animal murderin punk thug coward
active accute chronic life long incurable mental
cases here abHOWETS you're askin for advice.

Now in order for the breeder to give me the
AKC papers she want`s me to have the Doggie
neutered.

SAME SAME for surgical sexual mutilations
*(EXXXCEPT) that's it's dangerHOWES and
poses life long heelth and temperament threatening
effects for ALL dogs and likeWIZE, it's ONLY
DONE BY pathetic miserable stinkin lyin animal
murderin punk thug coward active accute chronic
life long incurable mental cases here abHOWETS
you're askin for advice and ill trained greedy ignorameHOWES
veterinary malpracticioners.

There's VAST literature WARNING against non
medically necessary surgical sexual mutilation
which has been IGNORED and SUPPRESSED
by the veterinary malpracticioners who PROFIT
from such mutilations and ETHICAL BREEDERS
who want to CORNER THE MARKET on their
breeding stock and of curse, so called shelter /
rescue organizations who PROFIT from beggin
and makin money comin an goin sellin dogs to
ignorameHOWESES who've been CONvinced
they're HEELPIN dogs who need HOWESES.

Now I don`t care about the AKC papers

Good. The AKC is simply a registry, like
the department of motor vehicles. They DO
NUTHIN to benefit anyWON other than the
ETHICKAL BREEDERS who PROFIT from
SELLIN AKC dogs {}: ~ (

I have no intention to breed the Doggie.

That's your business.

And if it is not detrimental to the Doggie
I have no objection to have him neutered.

It's dangerHOWES unnecessary and inapupriate.

Is it safe to have a Dog neutered at that age (6)?

No. It's RISKY unnecessary inapupriate mutilation
that has LIFE LONG DETRIMENTAL EFFECTS.

LIKE THIS:

Date: 29 Mar 2007 08:24:42 -0700
Subject: The Long-term Heath Impacts of S/N in Dogs

On Mar 28, 1:48 pm,
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_
Research_Laboratory wrote:

HOWEDY Mike,

On Mar 28, 10:18 am, wrote:
Unlike what you will find in Spay/Neuter Fact
Sheets, the health impacts of spay/neuter that
are discussed in this paper are all backed up with
citations to the veterinary medical literature. You
can find the paper he
http://escregistry.kattare.com/healt...uterInDogs.pdf

http://www.neutering.org

Thank you for the EXXXPOSE on surgical
sexual mutilations in veterinary malpractice.

Always good to have more food for thought!

Material that includes research data from 2006, 2005
was presented at ACC&D's Third International
Symposium, and part of the slideshows presentedare
available he
http://www.acc-d.org/2006%20Symposiu...ession%20I.pdf

Issues regarding previous assumptions on what
neutering does as a 'benefit' are pretty well challenged
in this data above.

Alliance for Contraception in Cats and Dogs (ACC&D)
is a nonprofit 501C(3) group involved in attempting to
study, define and resolve some of the problems that
currently exist internationally as they regard issues of
animal population control. "More than 120
representatives from universities, animal welfare
organizations, foundations, companies, and government
agencies from 11 countries gathered to share information
and plan for the future". Main site:
http://www.acc-d.org/

"On the negative side, neutering male dogs · if done
before maturity, increases the risk of osteosarcoma
(bone cancer) by a factor of 3.8; this is a common
cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a
poor prognosis.

· increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma by
a factor of 1.6; this is a common cancer and major
cause of death in some breeds

· triples the risk of hypothyroidism

· increases the risk of geriatric cognitive impairment

· triples the risk of obesity, a common health problem
in dogs with it the many associated health problems
associated with obesity

· quadruples the small risk (0.6%) of prostate cancer

· doubles the small risk (1%) of urinary tract cancers

· increases the risk of orthopedic disorders

· increases the risk of adverse reactions to vaccinations

Hemangiosarcoma is a common cancer in dogs. It is
a major cause of death in some breeds, such as Salukis,
French Bulldogs, Irish Water Spaniels, Flat Coated
Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Boxers, Afghan Hounds,
English Setter, Scottish Terrier, Boston Terrier, Bulldogs,
and German Shepherd Dogs24.

In an aged-matched case controlled study, spayed
females were found to have a 2.2 times higher risk
of splenic hemangiosarcoma compared to intact
females24.

A retrospective study of cardiac hemangiosarcoma
risk factors found a 5 times greater risk in spayed
female dogs compared to intact female dogs and a
1.6 times higher risk in neutered male dogs compared
to intact male dogs.25

The authors suggest a protective effect of sex hormones
against hemangiosarcoma, especially in females.

In breeds where hermangiosarcoma is an important
cause of death, the increased risk associated with
spay/neuter is likely one that should factor into
decisions on whether or when to sterilize a dog.

Hypothyroidism

Spay/neuter in dogs was found to be correlated
with a three fold increased risk of hypothyroidism
compared to intact dogs. The researchers suggest
a cause-and-effect relationship26.

They wrote: "More important [than the mild direct
impact on thyroid function] in the association between
[spaying and] neutering and hypothyroidism may be
the effect of sex hormones on the immune system.

Castration increases the severity of autoimmune
thyroiditis in mice" which may explain the link
between spay/neuter and hypothyroidism in dogs.

"Dr. Spain, who has been recently involved in many
studies assessing the long-term risks and benefits of
early-age neutering, presented convincing data about
the effects of spay/neuter on hip dysplasia, cranial
cruciate ligament rupture, long bone development,
body weight, diabetes, urinary tract infections,
mammary cancer, and several other conditions."

CONCLUSIONS

An objective reading of the veterinary medical
literature reveals a complex situation with respect
to the longterm health impacts of spay/neuter in dogs.

The evidence shows that spay/neuter correlates with
both positive AND adverse health effects in dogs. It
also suggests how much we really do not yet understand
about this subject.

On balance, it appears that no compelling case can
be made for neutering most male dogs to prevent
future health problems, especially immature male
dogs. The number of health problems associated
with neutering may exceed the associated health
benefits in most cases.

------------------------------

And NHOWE YOU KNOW HOWE COME
veterinary malpracticioners DON'T WANT TO
STOP surgical sexual mutilations; it'd DENY
THEM of 90% of their INCOME treating related
DIS-EASES CAUSED BY their inapupriate
unnecessary mutilations!

Thank you

You're welcome {}: ~ )

Boris
Here are some pics of him
http://public.fotki.com/borysd/got-me-a-doggieshet/

In Love And Light,
I Remain Respectfully, Humbly Yours,
Jerry Howe,
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
G-R-A-N-D
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Ferett, Goat, Monkey
And Horsey Wizard {) ; ~ )

HOWE MAY I SERVE YOU {}; ~ )