Puppies

Old June 24th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Matt

Default Puppies

We have a female puppy lab and are looking to get another puppy. Any
thoughts about whether a male or another female would be a better
companion for her?

Old June 25th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article . com,
Matt wrote:

We have a female puppy lab and are looking to get another puppy. Any
thoughts about whether a male or another female would be a better
companion for her?

The big question is WHY? Don't get another puppy to "solve" issues with
current puppy, Don't make double the work, Train current puppy to be
the dog you want her to be, with your focused attention and work. When
she's that (generally 18 months +), THEN think about dog #2.

--
Janet Boss
Old June 25th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Matt

Do not assume that we are looking for another puppy to solve any
problems. We are very happy with our puppy and are excited about
getting another. The question was, would 2 females or a male and a
female be the best combination?

Old June 25th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On 25 Jun, 15:44, Matt wrote:
Do not assume that we are looking for another puppy to solve any
problems. We are very happy with our puppy and are excited about
getting another. The question was, would 2 females or a male and a
female be the best combination?

It depends on what sort of temprement your current dog has but I would
seriously wait until she is a little older as it is really hard to
train one pup let alone 2.

Old June 25th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article .com,
Matt wrote:

Do not assume that we are looking for another puppy to solve any
problems. We are very happy with our puppy and are excited about
getting another. The question was, would 2 females or a male and a
female be the best combination?

It was a QUESTION. I personally think that a puppy deserves most of
your attention during the first year. Have you done training classes?
Is your puppy spayed?

As far as genders, I think that opposite genders (spayed/neutered) or
two males (neutered) are the easiest combos of 2 dogs. 2 bitches are
often more problematic, particularly with inexperienced owners.

--
Janet Boss

Puppies - Day 26 [email protected] Dog behavior 6 December 31st 06 04:46 PM
Puppies- Day 24 Paula Dog behavior 0 December 29th 06 04:43 AM
Puppies, puppies, adorable puppies flick Dog rescue 0 October 29th 03 12:07 PM