Dog ate chicken bones

Old June 27th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Michelle

Default Dog ate chicken bones

Buddy got on the counter and ate half a boiled chicken, the breast/wing
quarters. I called the vet and she said to keep an eye out for vomiting or
diarrhea but I am wondering if there is anything I should give him to help
it pass safely. As of now he seems fine although he is wondering were the
rest of his afternoon snack went.

Thanks, Michelle

Old June 27th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy

in thread ink.net:
"Michelle" whittled the following words:

Buddy got on the counter and ate half a boiled chicken, the
breast/wing
quarters. I called the vet and she said to keep an eye out for
vomiting or diarrhea but I am wondering if there is anything I should
give him to help it pass safely. As of now he seems fine although he
is wondering were the rest of his afternoon snack went.

Thanks, Michelle

Keep us posted. I had a dog nearly die last year over the 4th of July. The
vet was psotive he could not be saved. He sent the family on vacation, and
stayed home himself, and slept with my dog 24/7 for 2 weeks. He survived,
and we remortgaged the farm. Had I to do it over again, I would have fed my
dog lots of bread or cotton balls soaked in milk. Can't hurt.
Old June 28th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Many Dogs \(flick\)

"diddy" wrote in message

Keep us posted. I had a dog nearly die last year over the 4th of July.
The
vet was psotive he could not be saved. He sent the family on vacation, and
stayed home himself, and slept with my dog 24/7 for 2 weeks. He survived,
and we remortgaged the farm. Had I to do it over again, I would have fed
my
dog lots of bread or cotton balls soaked in milk. Can't hurt.

The few times it's happened to us, the vet always said bread soaked in milk,
or even soaked in water if the dog will eat it that way.

flick 100785

Old June 29th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Michelle

"diddy" wrote in message

Keep us posted. I had a dog nearly die last year over the 4th of July.

The
vet was psotive he could not be saved. He sent the family on vacation, and
stayed home himself, and slept with my dog 24/7 for 2 weeks. He survived,
and we remortgaged the farm. Had I to do it over again, I would have fed

my
dog lots of bread or cotton balls soaked in milk. Can't hurt.

So far he is fine, he is having bowel movements and I am dissecting them
in search of bones... none yet, the vet is not terribly worried since he
shows no signs of trouble and I did give him bread and cotton balls shortly
after, he hasn't passed any of those yet so we will keep an eye out and if
nothing comes out soon x-ray him.

Michelle

Raw bones for my dog? Kayla Dog health 5 December 19th 08 01:35 PM
bones streetjockey Dog health 1 January 8th 07 01:20 PM
feeding chicken bones to dog [email protected] Dog health 7 November 29th 06 08:34 PM
Bones shelly Dog behavior 8 December 9th 05 02:36 PM
Bones John Bennett Dog behavior 7 March 2nd 05 08:08 PM