Canine Concert

Old June 29th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Canine Concert

Last night Michael and I were walking Peanut, and as we came around the
corner there was a beautiful white Siberian husky also out for a walk.
Peanut was emboldened enough to say hello to the Sibe, and we were
standing on the sidewalk while we chatted with the owner.

Then a fire engine came down the street.

The other dog immediately started howling along with the engine, doing
quite a good impression of it but being much more musical about it. His
owner had an amused/embarrassed expression on her face, as a number of
people were smiling at her dog. The dog himself was (of course) not
self-conscious at all--if I could interpret the expression on his face
it was along the lines of "this is just what one does when this
happens". Then the fire engine was gone and several people made amused
comments to the owner, and we all went our separate ways.

(BTW, Peanut didn't join in. But Michael did!)
--
boss, sometimes i think * * * * * |* kevin michael vail
that our friend mehitabel * * * * |*
Old June 29th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Kevin Michael Vail wrote:

His
owner had an amused/embarrassed expression on her face, as a number of
people were smiling at her dog. The dog himself was (of course) not
self-conscious at all--if I could interpret the expression on his face
it was along the lines of "this is just what one does when this
happens".

One of my dogs "sings" to several TV theme songs. We find it mildly
entertaining, but use the mute button a lot! He also sings to the
coffee grinder, which has no mute button. The only time it's an issue
is with later sleeping overnight guests!

--
Janet Boss
Old June 29th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Janet Boss wrote:
In article ,
Kevin Michael Vail wrote:

His
owner had an amused/embarrassed expression on her face, as a number of
people were smiling at her dog. The dog himself was (of course) not
self-conscious at all--if I could interpret the expression on his face
it was along the lines of "this is just what one does when this
happens".

One of my dogs "sings" to several TV theme songs. We find it mildly
entertaining, but use the mute button a lot! He also sings to the
coffee grinder, which has no mute button. The only time it's an issue
is with later sleeping overnight guests!

I love it when dogs sing!

When I was a kid we had a chi who would sing along whenever I
practiced the piano. (I don't think he was encouraging me to
continue...) And he'd accompany one particular theme song on the
radio; only that one, and it was not one I played.

FurPaw

--
The Bush legacy - no child left a dime.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old June 29th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
I love it when dogs sing!

One of these days I'll have to record mealtime at my house.
I've got seven rooroo-ers.

Old June 29th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

sighthounds & siberians wrote:

Greatly missed Matty kind of any annoying howl, very high-pitched and
screechy, but he loved to howl so much it didn't matter. All that was
necessary to get him started was for me to say "Matty, want to sing?"
and he always did.

My parents had a chihuahua who liked to sing, even though she had
an awful, hoarse, gravelly voice. My mom would invite her to
sing and give a couple of short howls, and she'd pick up the tune
and launch into her version of an aria.

And Gordo loved to sing. He had a really sweet voice. I'd say,
"Would you like to sing for Mo-meeeee?" ending on a high note,
and then we'd have a back and forth duet for a few minutes. (I
do miss that little guy!)

FurPaw