Find cat poop

Old June 30th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Find cat poop

My 10 week old Maltese puppy has been finding dry cat poop buried
under pinestraw in the yard (we have 2 cats). The stuff is dry from
the lack of rain and she carries it around and chews on it. My wife
wants to spread rock salt to discourage her. I don't know where she
got that idea. I say rock salt will harm plants and won't work. What
can we do to get the dog off the cat poop habit?

Old June 30th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

You won't succeed in this, it's better that you invest in a
litter box not accessible to your dog.

While I generally agree with this, the cats are eliminating outdoors.
Even if it wasn't the owner's own cats, other cats may do so as well.

Teaching "leave it", supervision, and cleanup are the best bets. If you
can see if, clean it up.

--
Janet Boss