How does a dog like this

Old July 3rd 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default How does a dog like this

end up in rescue?

http://www.shepherdrescue.org/pages/tessa3.html

Suja

P.S. Yes, I know it's the wrong forum, but there are GSD lovers in our
midst.

Old July 3rd 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Suja" wrote in message
end up in rescue?

http://www.shepherdrescue.org/pages/tessa3.html

Suja

P.S. Yes, I know it's the wrong forum, but there are GSD lovers in our
midst.

============
Wow, I don't think she will be in rescue very long. She is beautiful. It
is a sad story that someone's beloved pet would end up in rescue.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

http://www.shepherdrescue.org/pages/tessa3.html

Good question! Lovely dog. Is the owner speaking German a requirement
that is holding up a good adoption?

--
Janet Boss
Old July 3rd 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

Good question! Lovely dog. Is the owner speaking German a requirement
that is holding up a good adoption?

I think that age is probably the number one factor. She's right at that age
where people start thinking 'old dog, won't be with us for very long'. I'm
guessing however, that she's likely to go quicker than others her age
because she really does sound like a gem. There may even be a volunteer or
two interested in her, so it will likely happen sooner rather than later.

Suja

Old July 4th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
bethgsd

"Suja" wrote in message
end up in rescue?

http://www.shepherdrescue.org/pages/tessa3.html

Suja

P.S. Yes, I know it's the wrong forum, but there are GSD lovers in our
midst.

Damn you woman! I do not need a fourth dog and that is final.
Beth

Old July 4th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

It's a shame that people look at age as a factor. I'd take an older dog any
day over a puppy. This from someone who just adopted a puppy. What was a
I thinking..........lol

It's when I see a dog like this that I wish she'd came along sooner I'd grab
her up in a heart beat. Now that we are a 3 dog house no more dogs allowed
I was told..

Celeste

Old July 4th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:01:06 GMT, "Suja" wrote:

end up in rescue?

http://www.shepherdrescue.org/pages/tessa3.html

Suja

P.S. Yes, I know it's the wrong forum, but there are GSD lovers in our
midst.

Wow, what a spectacular dog! I hope the perfect family adopts her right
away.

It seems like she ended up in rescue because her owner died and didn't have
definite arrangements made for her in advance. Something for everyone to
think about, no matter how old/young or healthy you are right now.

I will inherit all of my mom's pets. I certainly hope she stops getting
more... but all of them will be mine when she goes. My animals also have a
home should something happen to me, and money set aside for their care.

--
Lynne
Old July 4th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Suja" wrote in message

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

Good question! Lovely dog. Is the owner speaking German a requirement
that is holding up a good adoption?

I think that age is probably the number one factor. She's right at that
age
where people start thinking 'old dog, won't be with us for very long'.
I'm
guessing however, that she's likely to go quicker than others her age
because she really does sound like a gem. There may even be a volunteer
or
two interested in her, so it will likely happen sooner rather than

later.

Suja
===========

I prefer mature adult dogs also; I have no interest in ever wanting to care
for a puppy.

Old July 5th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Lynne,
I have made arrangements for my dogs to be cared for in the event
that they outlive me. It is a comfort to me to know they will be able
to live out their days in their home

Be Free.....Judy

Old July 5th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Pfoley,
I am with you. I prefer an older dog any day. No puppies for me
please. Because I have dogs that are well behaved, people often ask me
puppy questions and I am then reminded how out of touch I am with
handling puppies....I love to hug them, but I prefer them to be a little
older.

Be Free.....Judy