Can dogs be spiteful?

Old July 8th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
JoHNY

Default Can dogs be spiteful?

My German shepherd knows not to **** on my lawn. I was playing ball
with her the other evening and I threw the ball somewhere where I knew
she couldn't get to. After a while she gave up trying to retrieve it
and looked at me as if to say "get it for me" I sat still and she gave
me another look and walked over to the middle of the lawn and decided
to have a **** whilst looking at me. She didn't actually do anything
and she moved as soon as I gave a yell. Was she trying to **** me off?

Old July 9th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
doglinks

Dogs don't get spiteful, nor do they try to **** you off, even though
they surely do a great job (esp mine with digging!)
Learning dog's body language is really good. For example, when a dog
yawns, it's a sign that the dog is stressful. You'll see a whole bunch
of dogs yawn if you go to dog training. It's not that they are bored,
as some people would lead to believe.

I'm not sure why your dog pissed right there and then. She was
obviously trying to tell you something. Think like a dog