Instant Review: Doggie Beer

Old July 9th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Instant Review: Doggie Beer

So, Isabelle's folks came back from Old Town Alexandria (where they have
more doggie bakeries than people bakeries) toting something called Bowser
Beer - Beefy Brown Ale. I let it chill while we went on our walk, and was
sure the dogs would love something cool for when they get back from their
walk. Came home and poured a bit out for each dog. Khan sniffed it and
slicked his ears back. Not a good sign. Pan started lapping it up, then
stopped and looked at me with a puzzled look on her face. Khan licked once
and made faces. Then he sat there with the bowl between his feet, looking
miserable, acting like we're actually preparing him to bathe him in the
stuff. Pan licked a bit more, then wandered off. As it turns out, Isabelle
had pretty much the same reaction, and only drank it with some coaxing.

Considering that both Isabelle and Pan would eat just about everything,
including horse/goose poop respectively, this is really bad news. Save
yourself $3.00, folks. We've so far got 12 paws down for doggie beer.

Suja

P.S. I was tempted to taste it. It smelled pretty good, and from the looks
of it, might have been carbonated.

Old July 9th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

in rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "Suja" wrote in
:

P.S. I was tempted to taste it. It smelled pretty good, and from the
looks of it, might have been carbonated.

I vote that you taste it.

All in the name of science.

You also have to have DH nearby with a camera to catch your reaction.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old July 10th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

Lady prefers the real thing..........LOL Not that she gets beer at my house
but when my sister had her Dennis used to let her have some and she'd lap it
up right up. I'm guessing the yeast in it taste pretty good to her.

Celeste

Old July 10th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Suja wrote:
Khan sniffed it and
slicked his ears back. Not a good sign. Pan started lapping it up, then
stopped and looked at me with a puzzled look on her face. Khan licked once
and made faces. Then he sat there with the bowl between his feet, looking
miserable, acting like we're actually preparing him to bathe him in the
stuff. Pan licked a bit more, then wandered off. As it turns out, Isabelle
had pretty much the same reaction, and only drank it with some coaxing.

Your dogs simply have discerning olfactory receptors. It
probably tasted like the doggie equivalent of (I'll probably
insult someone here) Bud, when they would have preferred a canine
Pilsner Urquell.

None of my dogs ever liked beer. I did have a couple who would
happily slurp wine off a pinky.

FurPaw

--
It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they
need and the Army has to hold a bake sale to buy a tank.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old July 10th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:17:07 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

I vote that you taste it.

All in the name of science.

You also have to have DH nearby with a camera to catch your reaction.

I second that motion!

--
Lynne
Old July 10th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message:

All in the name of science.

Well... since it IS in the name of science.

I "drank" a drop or two of the stuff. No idea why the dogs hated it so
much. It had a pleasant and slightly sweet taste. Nothing like beer, which
both Pan and Isabelle like, and I can't stand.

Suja