Best Dog Food

Old July 11th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Best Dog Food

Have you guys ever wondered which brand of dog food that is the best
for your dog? I did and here's what I found out. There no such thing
as a "best dog food" I cant believe the ingredients they manufacturers
use for the dog food. And I kept wondering why my Doberman kept on
getting skin breakouts.

Here's what I learned about kibbles.
http://www.rawlearning.com/responseto_fh.html

Needless to say I no longer feed my Doberman kibbles anymore. I happy
to say that he has the shiniest and smoothest coat. I am very proud of
him.

Can you believe that stuffs like euthanised animal, bad grains( c'mon
dog eating grains? gimme a break!) goes into kibble needless to say,
the preservatives and additives and fillers. But if you insist on
feeding your dogs stuffs like that, well you might as well be well
informed on the things to look out for and choose the better ones for
your doggy.
http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#commercial

Want to know the better and safer food to prolong the life of your
beloved dog? Read on.
http://dinikelv07.dogsecrets.hop.clickbank.net
How about that? Still thinking of feeding kibbles to your dog?

Are you sure your vet are giving the proper advice for your beloved
dog? Are you sure that info from your trusted vet are the most
updated? You are sure that they are not too commercialized? Have a
look.
http://dinikelv07.vetsecrets.hop.clickbank.net/

Old July 12th 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
A. Brain

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It's fascinating reading, and my dog gets lots of
non-kibble food, but I would rather feed him
cooked meat. I posted about raw fish not long
ago and was urged to avoid all of it--not just
salmon. (I had mentioned that he gets a lot
of leftover sushi.)

I have to admit that he loves whole unshelled
shrimp, but I don't see that in the article.

At least the article specified which "raw bones"
are being recommended. I was unclear about
that until reading this.

I guess it's the bones in this diet that serve to
clean the teeth?

--
A. Brain

Remove NOSPAM for email.

Old July 13th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Hi there,

I don't know if it is a good idea to feed your cooked meat. Unless
there no bones in it, because bones will turn brittle when cooked and
it will be a choking hazard when it splinters.

The raw bones in the diet serves as a source of calcium to the dog. As
for the teeth cleaning part, non kibble fed dogs definitely whiter and
brighter teeth. I am sure u being non kibble feeder can attest to it.

Cheers.

ups.com...

Old July 16th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
stacy

On Jul 11, 2:48 pm, wrote:

Can you believe that stuffs like euthanised animal, bad grains( c'mon
dog eating grains? gimme a break!) goes into kibble needless to say,
the preservatives and additives and fillers. But if you insist on
feeding your dogs stuffs like that, well you might as well be well
informed on the things to look out for and choose the better ones for
your doggy.http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#commercial

I really liked the dogaware.com information, have been searching for
something like that. Really nice outlet of all the types of dog food.
I have a question about regfrierated dog food, i have heard alot about
this type of food but is there anything speacial about them other than
refrigeration? I live in Cinncinnati and I have seen Homestyle Select
in our Krogers (havent seen any Country Pet thou). Thanks.

From Dogware.com:

"Refrigerated or Frozen Cooked Foods
Country Pet Pet Food is a frozen, cooked diet made from hearts, lungs,
livers, kidney, meat and bone from range-raised lamb, beef, chicken
and poultry, free of antibiotics and hormones. Also uses eggs, and one
variety has a small amount of veggies. No grains. Made in New Zealand
and available at some retailers such as Whole Foods.

Freshpet makes two fresh (not frozen) refrigerated products: Homestyle
Select and Deli Fresh. Both are pasteurized and "gently cooked with
minimal heat." Homestyle Select is made of 70% meat and 30% vegetables
and grains, while details are not given for Deli Fresh, so it likely
contains less meat. No mention of human-grade ingredients. Homestyle
Select is available at some Costco stores, and elsewhere. Deli Fresh
is available at Petco, PetSmart and other stores. "