shih-poo's ears

Old July 11th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default shih-poo's ears

i have a 7 month old shih-poo that i just got from someone that didnt
take good care of her she hasnt been groomed or brushed by the ppl i
got her from i am taking her to the groomers tomorrow but she has hair
in her ears and she scratches at them alot how do i care for them if
you have any ideas please help bc i dont know alot about this breed
and i need all the info i can get thank you...

Old July 12th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote in message
ups.com...
i have a 7 month old shih-poo that i just got from someone that didnt
take good care of her she hasnt been groomed or brushed by the ppl i
got her from i am taking her to the groomers tomorrow but she has hair
in her ears and she scratches at them alot how do i care for them if
you have any ideas please help bc i dont know alot about this breed
and i need all the info i can get thank you...

.........why don't you wait until you talk to the groomer - I'm sure they can
give you many tips. It may not be the hair that is causing the itching -
did you take her to the vet after you got her?

Bless you for taking this pup.

Old July 12th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Jul 11, 5:04 pm, "buglady" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

i have a 7 month old shih-poo that i just got from someone that didnt
take good care of her she hasnt been groomed or brushed by the ppl i
got her from i am taking her to the groomers tomorrow but she has hair
in her ears and she scratches at them alot how do i care for them if
you have any ideas please help bc i dont know alot about this breed
and i need all the info i can get thank you...

........why don't you wait until you talk to the groomer - I'm sure they can
give you many tips. It may not be the hair that is causing the itching -
did you take her to the vet after you got her?

Bless you for taking this pup.

thank you and i will ask the groomer and i have taken her to the vet
the other day to get all her shots up to date but she wasnt scratching
her ears like she is now but i will ask tomorrow to see what the
problem is bc someone said it could be ear mites also...

Old July 12th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

wrote in message
ups.com...
i have a 7 month old shih-poo that i just got from someone that didnt
take good care of her she hasnt been groomed or brushed by the ppl i
got her from i am taking her to the groomers tomorrow but she has hair
in her ears and she scratches at them alot how do i care for them if
you have any ideas please help bc i dont know alot about this breed
and i need all the info i can get thank you...

Absolutely, talk with the groomer. A good groomer could be a great source
of information for you on this subject.

I know that if I don't keep the hairs pulled from my miniature schnauzers'
ears, they get irritated. The dogs are groomed every six or seven weeks but
the ear hairs need to be pulled at least twice that often. If we don't keep
the hair cleaned out, moisture builds up and they get a fungus. (If it gets
too bad, you can smell it when you sniff the ears.) You would think with
cropped ears that it wouldn't be necessary (unlike my previous beagles and
their drop ears) but it's an ongoing thing to keep the hairs pulled and the
air circulating.
--
Judy
Spenser - Carbor Talk of the Town, MX, AXJ, NF

Old August 5th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
S.S.I.N.

I am a dog groomer...my advice for any breed crossed with cocker spaniel is
to make sure and pluck all the hair out of the ears and clean them on a
regular basis. Like once a week. If you cannot do this yourself have a
groomer do it. Cocker spaniels are very prone to ear problems and
infections. the cost and time of doing this on a regular basis far outweighs
the cost and time if they get ear infections. Usually once they start, they
will reoccur again and again.
ups.com...

Old August 5th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article [email protected],
"S.S.I.N." wrote:

I am a dog groomer...my advice for any breed crossed with cocker spaniel

snip
wrote in message
ups.com...
i have a 7 month old shih-poo

snip

Which part do you think is Cocker Spaniel - the Shih (as in Tzu) or the
Poo (as in Poodle)?

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old August 6th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
shelly

montana wildhack wrote:

Why isn't that a PooShih or a Tzudle?

Shitz Pooh is probably my favoritest made-up designer mutt name.

--
Shelly
Old August 6th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"montana wildhack" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Why isn't that a PooShih or a Tzudle?

I vote for Tzudle.

Judy

Ears! ceb Dog breeds 2 August 19th 05 08:20 PM
Did Someone Say Ears? shelly Dog behavior 45 August 12th 05 04:16 AM
We have ears! CaptRon Dog breeds 3 December 9th 03 01:44 PM
Look at the ears!!! Shelley Dog behavior 12 October 8th 03 01:42 PM