Videos of my dogs...

Old July 14th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sionnach

Default Videos of my dogs...

I don't think you have to be logged into MySpace to view them:

The one and only time I ever managed to take first place with all three
dogs in one class - it looks deceptively easy, but in reality there were a
number of subtle traps on this course, and a LOT of very good teams crashed
and burned. Most failed with an off-course to the tunnel, or with going
straight and taking the first jump a second time instead of turning in for
the pinwheel, and/or taking the jump in the corner instead of making the
U-turn either right at the beginning or right before the end.
For agility aficianados, note 1) the difference in verbals; several strong
ones for Rocsi, including hand claps to get her attention - with her
replying the two times I was a hair late! G, almost no verbal for Brenin,
and minimal ones for Morag, but including my signature split second yodel of
"MW!" at the first u-turn 2) the difference in arm signals for the "switch"
in the serpentine - outside arm for Rocsi, torqued inside arm for the larger
dogs and 3) the unusual outside path and "big outside arm" I use with Bren &
Mw on the second U-turn just before the end - which has the effect of the
dog being already angled for the turn. I didn't WALK the course that way,
but in running it it became obviously needed.

--
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=12112 550

Very short and bad-quality video of Rocsi and Robyn:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=12068 987

Old July 14th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

I don't think you have to be logged into MySpace to view them:

you don't or at least i didn't

The one and only time I ever managed to take first place with all three
dogs in one class

wow, that's awesome

--
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=12112 550

great video, those are some good jumpers you have there.

Very short and bad-quality video of Rocsi and Robyn:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=12068 987

very cute!

Old July 14th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sionnach

addenudum 1: That is NOT me saying "good girlie, good pup pup", at the
beginning of Brenin's run, but another competitor who had just finished.
addendum 2: That's the ring steward calling out the names of the next three
dogs to run, then adding "Gorgeous!!" at the end of Brenin's run.
addendum 3: The reason I'm so far behind Rocsi at the beginning of her run,
and that you don't see the first jump, is that the little twerp had broken
her startline stay, catching both me and the videographer by surprise

Brenin was 10 years old when this was shot, which is why he's jumping lower
than Morag, who had just turned 7 but whom I hadn't dropped into Veterans
yet. Rocsi was 4- this was shot about 6 months before she died.

Old July 14th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

&
Mw on the second U-turn just before the end - which has the effect of the
dog being already angled for the turn. I didn't WALK the course that way,
but in running it it became obviously needed.

--

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=12112 550

Very short and bad-quality video of Rocsi and Robyn:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=12068 987
That was fun to watch; nice job.

Pet videos katyshultz Dogs - general 1 January 13th 06 02:15 AM
Pet Videos Katy Dog behavior 5 January 12th 06 02:31 PM
Pet videos katyshultz Dog activities 0 January 11th 06 06:32 PM
Lots more working dogs videos to see [email protected] Dog behavior 0 November 16th 05 11:19 PM
Videos... dani81176 Dogs - general 0 July 22nd 05 05:02 PM