DNA test results

Old July 15th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default DNA test results

I know this really belongs in breeds, but since I had discussed it and
this dog here, I thought I'd follow up here.

Here's the dog (2 pics):

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...dy1001/Murphy/

The DNA test said that no PRIMARY breed was identified (in other words,
neither parent was a purebred anything, according to their definition of
primary).

They did identify only 2 breeds that are "in the mix", meaning that of
the breeds (35? 39?) they have markers for, only 2 showed up as being
in there.

I believe Matt ID'd him as a giant Papillon.

Before I reveal the stunning and not-so-cheap DNA results, would anyone
care to wager a guess?

2 breeds:

--
Janet Boss
Old July 15th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

I know this really belongs in breeds, but since I had discussed it and
this dog here, I thought I'd follow up here.

Here's the dog (2 pics):

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...dy1001/Murphy/

The DNA test said that no PRIMARY breed was identified (in other words,
neither parent was a purebred anything, according to their definition of
primary).

They did identify only 2 breeds that are "in the mix", meaning that of
the breeds (35? 39?) they have markers for, only 2 showed up as being
in there.

I believe Matt ID'd him as a giant Papillon.

Before I reveal the stunning and not-so-cheap DNA results, would anyone
care to wager a guess?

2 breeds:

I am not good at this at all but I am going with BC and GR

Old July 15th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
I know this really belongs in breeds, but since I had discussed it and
this dog here, I thought I'd follow up here.

Here's the dog (2 pics):

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...dy1001/Murphy/

The DNA test said that no PRIMARY breed was identified (in other words,
neither parent was a purebred anything, according to their definition of
primary).

They did identify only 2 breeds that are "in the mix", meaning that of
the breeds (35? 39?) they have markers for, only 2 showed up as being
in there.

I believe Matt ID'd him as a giant Papillon.

Before I reveal the stunning and not-so-cheap DNA results, would anyone
care to wager a guess?

2 breeds:

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

===========
I don't think I can guess this one, but my guess would be either Beagle and
Australian Shepherd or Beagle and Border Collie.

Old July 15th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article . net,
"pfoley" wrote:

I don't think I can guess this one, but my guess would be either Beagle and
Australian Shepherd or Beagle and Border Collie.

BTW - he's about 24" at the shoulder and ~60#.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 15th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Janet Boss wrote in
:

BTW - he's about 24" at the shoulder and ~60#.

Something in there is yelling Cocker at me.

--
Shelly
Old July 15th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

Something in there is yelling Cocker at me.

Don't listen ;-D Same with BC, Aussie, GR and Beagle BTW.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 15th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
Before I reveal the stunning and not-so-cheap DNA results, would anyone
care to wager a guess?

2 breeds:

Anatol...................... No wait.

That black mask over his eyes makes me think GSD. And the feathering on his
body and tail make me think some sort of setter.

But then something about the eye set makes me think Aussie.

Any of those in there?

Judy

Old July 15th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
Shelly wrote:

Something in there is yelling Cocker at me.

Don't listen ;-D Same with BC, Aussie, GR and Beagle BTW.

bermese mountain dog

Old July 15th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
Before I reveal the stunning and not-so-cheap DNA results, would anyone
care to wager a guess?

2 breeds:

I'm still trying to figure out what in the world would give that dog those
legs???

Judy

Old July 15th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Janet Boss wrote in news:janet-

Shelly wrote:

Something in there is yelling Cocker at me.

Don't listen ;-D Same with BC, Aussie, GR and Beagle BTW.

Okaythen! Pit Bull x it is!

--
Shelly