Lonesome puppy?

Old July 15th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Anders F

Default Lonesome puppy?

I am thinking of getting a dog. My problem is that I am living
alone. I do not want to leave it by itself but I must buy food
now and then, it's a ten minutes walk either way.

I do not want to leave a dog that has just left its litter mates
even for that short time. Or can I do it? What should I do?

Any advice will be very appreciated.

Anders

(I am thinking of a toy fox terrier, if it is possible to get one
in Sweden. I suppose it is the same problem with all races.)

Old July 15th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Anders F" wrote:

I do not want to leave a dog that has just left its litter mates
even for that short time. Or can I do it? What should I do?

Any advice will be very appreciated.

Anders

(I am thinking of a toy fox terrier, if it is possible to get one
in Sweden. I suppose it is the same problem with all races.)

Puppies/dogs need to learn to be alone, but why not consider an adult
dog to start with? Of course, work and other activities mean we're
away from our dogs, and dogs cope just fine, if they are given enough
companionship and training while we are available. Of course, being
gone extended hours isn't really fair, especially for puppies. I know a
good friend of mine in Sweden tells me that there is a lot of dog
daycare available, at least in Stockholm. That's another very good
option for having a puppy/dog and needing to be at work all day.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 16th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

"Anders F" wrote in news:Qvumi.4169$ZA.1912
@newsb.telia.net:

I am thinking of getting a dog. My problem is that I am living
alone. I do not want to leave it by itself but I must buy food
now and then, it's a ten minutes walk either way.

Dogs are fine being on their own for the time it would take you to go buy
food. Puppies can't be alone for long hours, but short periods are fine.
If you work away from home, you might need to make other arrangements, but
shopping trips should be fine.

Paula
Old July 16th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Anders F

Some advice:

1) Please don't use such abusive language.

2) Don't make such long postings. If not by your language,
I believe many readers will be deterred by the amount of
text, I know I am. Perhaps you have something important
to say. I will never know.

As I understand it (correct me if I am wrong) wolves live
in packs. If they have puppies, they leave one adult or
semi-adult baby-sitter when they go hunting.

Yours
Anders

"TheSincerelyIncrediblyFreakinInsanelySimplyAmazin gGrandPuppyChildPussyBirdyGoatFerettAndHorseyWizar d"
Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Sciences_Resea
wrote in message ...
HOWEDY Anders F,

"Anders F" wrote in message
I am thinking of getting a dog. My problem is that I am living alone. I
do not want to leave it by itself but I must buy food now and then, it's
a ten minutes
walk either way.

NO PROBLEMO. Puppys INSTINCTIVELY wait
patiently for mom dog's return with their breakfast
kept warm inside her belly, hence they do a greeting
dance which makes mom dog dizzy and causes her
to regurgitate a hot meal.

REPRESSED puppys continue this
"greeting" behavior into adulthood.

I do not want to leave a dog that has just left its litter mates even for
that short time.

Are you worried about your puppy destroying
your house? NO PROBLEMO. You can TRAIN
ANY puppy to behave in your absence in just a
couple hours of EZ gentle NON PHYSICAL
scientific and psychological Pavlovian and
Ericksonian CONditioning {}: ~ )

HERE'S ALL the INFORMATION you'll need:

http://www.freewebs.com/thesimplyamazingpuppywizard/

Or can I do it?

Of curse you can, ANYWON can.

What should I do?

All you'll have to do is simply DO EVERY THING
EXXXACTLY PRECISELY OPPOSITE of how
the self proclaimed EXXXPERTS you're askin for
advice recommend {}: ~ )

Any advice will be very appreciated.

A word of caution, Anders; ONLY LIARS, DOG
ABUSERS, COWARDS and ACTIVE ACCUTE
CHRONIC LIFE LONG INCURABLE MENTAL
CASES who HURT INTIMIDATE MUTILATE
and MURDER innocent defenseless dumb critters
and LIE abHOWET it post their lies and idiocy here.

Old July 17th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Anders F wrote:
Some advice:

1) Please don't use such abusive language.

2) Don't make such long postings. If not by your language,
I believe many readers will be deterred by the amount of
text, I know I am. Perhaps you have something important
to say. I will never know.

As I understand it (correct me if I am wrong) wolves live
in packs. If they have puppies, they leave one adult or
semi-adult baby-sitter when they go hunting.

You've been trolled by the resident loon. Advice - place him in
your kill file, or at least ignore his messages.

One reason wolves leave a babysitter with the pups is to protect
them, to keep them out of trouble, or to get them back into the
den in case a predator comes around. Your puppy won't be in any
danger if you leave him in a crate for a short time while you go
to the store.

It's great that you will be around most of the time! But your dog
will need to learn to be alone for increasing amounts of time as
he gets older, for those times when you can't be with him. Most
dogs spend their time alone sleeping. He is unlikely to be
damaged by being alone as long as he has good quality time
(playing, training, hanging out together) with you when you are
around, and he is confined when alone until he can be trusted not
to damage himself or your possessions.

FurPaw

--
It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they
need and the Army has to hold a bake sale to buy a tank.

To reply, unleash the dog.