EnteDerm Ointment?

Old July 16th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bream Rockmetteller

Default EnteDerm Ointment?

Hey, y'all!

Our Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Wiley, just came from the vet having
foxtails removed from his ears. The vet gave us some EnteDerm ointment
to put in the ears to help reduce the irritation, which it seems to do.

However, we can't seem to find any information online about what the
stuff is. Is it possible that the label is mis-spelled? Does anyone
know anything about this ointment?

Thanks!
--
Bream Rockmetteller
Donaldson's Dog Joy

Old July 16th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article
,
Bream Rockmetteller bream(dot)rockmetteller(at)mac(dot)com wrote:

However, we can't seem to find any information online about what the
stuff is. Is it possible that the label is mis-spelled? Does anyone
know anything about this ointment?

I Googled it and found this:

Welcome to VPI
.... Second Wind Energy Snack 8 Oz; Stethoscope Sprague Ra Teal; Harness
Roman 1/2" Sunset Stri; Sure Bond Applicator Gun; Entederm Ointment 15Ml
Rx ...
http://www.veterinaryproductsinc.com...000468&cat=289
&page=2 - 22k - Supplemental Result -

but on the site, no such entry exists. Sounds like something that isn't
carried any longer?

--
Janet Boss
Old July 17th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bream Rockmetteller

On 2007-07-16 04:42:05 -0700, Janet Boss
said:

In article
,
Bream Rockmetteller bream(dot)rockmetteller(at)mac(dot)com wrote:

However, we can't seem to find any information online about what the
stuff is. Is it possible that the label is mis-spelled? Does anyone
know anything about this ointment?

I Googled it and found this:

Welcome to VPI
... Second Wind Energy Snack 8 Oz; Stethoscope Sprague Ra Teal; Harness
Roman 1/2" Sunset Stri; Sure Bond Applicator Gun; Entederm Ointment 15Ml
Rx ...
http://www.veterinaryproductsinc.com...000468&cat=289
&page=2 - 22k - Supplemental Result -

but on the site, no such entry exists. Sounds like something that isn't
carried any longer?

Right... Only two useless Google entries, which is exactly why I turned
to the vast knowledge of r.p.d.h!

I have to assume that someone, somewhere knows something about this
stuff. But, don't get me wrong... this is just a curious thing. We're
given goo to squirt into the dog's ears, but no information exists
about what the stuff is.

Just wondering,
--
Bream Rockmetteller
Donaldson's Dog Joy

Old July 17th 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Bream Rockmetteller wrote:

I have to assume that someone, somewhere knows something about this
stuff. But, don't get me wrong... this is just a curious thing. We're
given goo to squirt into the dog's ears, but no information exists about
what the stuff is.

Just wondering,

I'm guessing that it's an otic antibiotic. Did you ask your vet?
When my pets are given medications that I'm not familiar with, I
ask. A quick call to the vet's office should answer your question.

I'd also recommend posting to alt.med.veterinary. You've got a
better chance of having that sort of question answered there than here.

--
Shelly
Old July 18th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bream Rockmetteller

On 2007-07-17 03:26:43 -0700, Shelly said:

Bream Rockmetteller wrote:

I have to assume that someone, somewhere knows something about this
stuff. But, don't get me wrong... this is just a curious thing. We're
given goo to squirt into the dog's ears, but no information exists
about what the stuff is.

Just wondering,

I'm guessing that it's an otic antibiotic. Did you ask your vet? When
my pets are given medications that I'm not familiar with, I ask. A
quick call to the vet's office should answer your question.

I'd also recommend posting to alt.med.veterinary. You've got a better
chance of having that sort of question answered there than here.

Thanks for the tip, Shelly!

Surprisingly enough, my niece-in-law is a vet... never thought to
pester her about it, but perhaps I will!

Ta,
--
Bream Rockmetteller
Donaldson's Dog Joy

Old July 18th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article
,
Bream Rockmetteller bream(dot)rockmetteller(at)mac(dot)com wrote:

my niece-in-law is a vet

I'm hoping for one of those. Now to tell my nephew (who's GF is a 3rd
year vet student) that I expect wedding plans ;-D

--
Janet Boss