Invisible Dog Fence Question

Old July 17th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull
[email protected]

Default Invisible Dog Fence Question

Ante up, jabadoodle,

Stone Cold Gator Blood is fixin to trump
your hand AGAIN, BIG TIME. It's showdown
time, jabadoodle {}: ~ )

On Jul 12, 8:10 am, "Gary" wrote:
So I'm installing an invisible dog fence.

You turned down floppin the monster nuts with
a pat royal straight flush hand with your dog

LIKE THIS:

http://relinkz.com/FlopTheMonsterNuts

in favor of checking hole cards with this berry
patch of coffeehousing rabbit huntin fish drawin
dead from the muck, eh, jab?

LIKE THIS:

From: (misty)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:29:09 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Jerry, why non-physical praise?

Beth wrote:
So, jerry's techniques didnt' work for Peach?

Never had a chance to try them on her... I was still
using the e-fence and chains to keep her in the yard.

The suggestions I received here to keep Peach home
we build a fence... wasn't going to happen.. we
plan on putting a modular home here within the next
few years... put more fence at the top of the pen I
used so both dogs could play bitey face w/o tangling,
and similar suggestions.

Jerry was the only one to mention border training...
but he was kook supreme ;-P So I ignored him... no
killfiles with webtv.. at that time Jerry had his
own troll, somewhat like Candace, so the group was
not very conducive to learning anything.

At one point I even b*tched about Jerry.

By the time I tried out Jerry's manual
Peach had already ran away.

Not very good at the google groups search but you'll
find my first post at "runaway dog message 30" within
that thread is mention of the dogs taking off and being
gone for 2 days. I stopped posting for a bit... my
middle boy was devastated that his dog was gone...
Zelda came home but not her mom.

The next few posts from me were ones about/to Jerry.

Then Jerry made the WETM accessible for webbes, I put
it in my e-mail (no storage otherwise on webby unless
you put stuff on a webpage) and read it, read it and
read it.

Once I understood what the concept was, I implemented
it on Zelda. It worked and I now have a great housedog!

I only regret that my own distrust of Jerry caused me
to lose another wonderful dog. Peach was an absolute
gem with little kids. I and my boys still miss her.

Sometimes I still look to see if she came home when
we get back from trips. Maybe Peach would still
have ran away... I don't know and never will....

~misty

From: "Jerry Howe"
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:16:59 -0500

Peach would be there sittin pretty had our pals
not given you a bum steer cause they're
EMBARRASSED and AFRAID of losing their
careers and reputations.... Jerry.

P.S. Stick around, we're just startin to have FUN
learning and sharing...J;~)

"misty" wrote in message news:

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do
know she's not here with us. I really can't blame
anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because
of how you write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the
idea that my using a shock collar could have any
bearing on Peach not wanting to stay home.

Up until I started using it my main concern had been
keeping my dogs in their own yard. Once I started
using the e-fence... well, then my concern became
how to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in
the anti-shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world
now g A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely
housetrained, doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't
bark all the time.

IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

--------------------

misty" wrote in message

We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring.
Two dogs, two collars We now have one dog and no
collars.

Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not
want to come back in the yard and would run
for days.

The last time, Peach didn't come back home.

I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how
to train my dog. She is now border trained. A few
minutes each day reinforces her desire to stay in
the yard.

She no longer runs out into the road, I can stop her
from chasing cats and she no longer cringes when we
walk around the yard.

I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate
the e-fence and its collars. If you can't get a
regular fence then you need to train your dog.

I will never rely on an electronic collar to
keep my dog in our yard again.

The price was too high:-( ~misty

---------------------------

From: Nevyn )
Subject: radio fence
Date: 2003-11-05 04:17:45 PST

Hi folks,

In my opinion the use of a radioshock fence
is a waste of time, effort or money. I can
understand it if you a rich snob who cares
nothing about their dogs safey or behaviours.

At work I boundary train all the dogs to the
bricked area (Four kennels with 26 cages
with 1 dog in each, 1 services building and
2 catterys which is surrounded by scrubland
to the east and woodlands to the north and
a lake to the west).

This works well, because then when people
buy them the dogs are easier to boundary
train to a door or fence or yard.

However on a personal note, my two shelter
mutts, who I trained using the WITS END
DOG MANUAL available at www.doggydoright.com
will not go past the back door, or the back
gate or the front gate without permission.

And it is nice, for when you are having a party,
you can leave your gates open for people, and
your dogs won't be the least concerned.

I find this better then spending your well
earned money on a piece of junk Why
not use it to invest in a horse? Or a new
house? Make a nice aquarium? Build a
nursery for a child?

Save your money. Train your dog. Please.

-------------------

"Nevyn" wrote in message

HOWEDY Group,

Here some SUCCESS STORIES I've
had using JERRY'S MANUAL

1) My dogz, two bitches - Vicious, barking,
aggressive, pulled on leash, wanted to kill
any dogs they saw, fought between each other.

TWO WEEKS using Jerry's manual, they
were calm, friends, my companions.

2) ADDED A BEAGLE PUPPY (male) to my "PACK", the
girls had -NO PROBLEMS- with him from the moment
I dropped him by their noses.

3) My FRIENDS dogs 2 MALES barking and jumping
at the fence all night 3 DAYS TRAINING WITH JERRY'S
MANUAL they were CALMED AND HAVEN'T BARKED ONCE!

Added a NEW MALE DOG (2 yrs old) AND
WELCOMED HIM WITH NO WUCKAS !

4) POODLE that ATE food from the KITCHEN BENCH -
lock him in a box? NO! USE JERRYS MANUAL! 4 DAYS
AND HES NEVER DONE IT SINCE!

5) ABUSED DOGS AT THE SHELTER I WORK AT -
HAD TO BE FED WITH A BUCKET ON A STICK -

ONE WEEK ON JERRYS MANUAL, THE SUPERVISOR
TOLD ME TO PUT THEM IN THE PUBLIC KENNELS
FOR SALE !

Quite amazing to - I thought they were just
dull coloured dogs, but after I had removed
the fear and anxiety their hairs coloured
up amazingly.

6) STAFFY FEMALE who would NOT DROP HER
BALL! She carried it around all day and
night - 3 DAYS on jerrys MANUAL and she
now DROPS it when u ASK her to!

BWHWHAHAHAHAAHA !!!!

Nevyn

--------------------

There's only two reasons a railbird like you
would fall for this slow play and throw in
with these high society coffeehousin rabbit
huntin mechanics drawin dead from the muck,
jabadoodle.

You're either a STONE COLD LOSER from the git go.

OR

You're a victim of child abuse {}: ~ (

Doing it myself with wire and
flags bought from home depot.

You don't need no doGdameneD flags, jab.

That's a SUCKER'S BET, jab. Dog trainin is a lot
like poker, jab. Some of us CLEAN HOWES EVERY TIME,
and others CONSISTENTLY FOLD and often MURDER their
dog as a result {): ~ (

Dogs got a innate sense of distance and
terrortory, jab. They learn boundaries
NEARLY INSTANTLY. It'd take you TEN MINUTES
to train your dog to stay within the perimeter
of your yard if you wasn't a dog abusin punk
thug coward.

And you wasn't born a loser either,
jab, you was RAISED to be a loser.

There's ONLY TWO REASONS a player would
go all in with fish like them, jab {): ~ (

I want to place the "base unit" of the
invisible fence inside our garage/shop.

You're a mamma's boy, jab.

Problem is,

The PROBLEM is, you're a victim of child
abuse, like the rest of these fish. We
AIN'T been talkin dog trainin here for
years, jab.

We been talkin about these FISH DEFENDING their
alleged RIGHT to HURT INTIMDIATE MUTILATE and
MURDER innocent defenseless dumb critters to
compensate for their fragile defective egos,
weak fearful minds and colossal inferiority
complexes and of curse MAKE MONEY off of
fleecin the SUCKERS like yourself whom they
lure in for OBEDIENCE TRAININ LESSONS and
SHOCK COLLAR sales, jab {); ~ (

In Love And Light,

I Remain Respectfully, Humbly Yours,

Jerry Howe,