Maybe a predator

Old July 20th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

Default Maybe a predator

I just espied Maybe putting a whack-down on a moth. By the time
I reached the scene of the incident, the evidence had been
consumed. If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

Old July 20th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:11:17 GMT, Rocky wrote:

I just espied Maybe putting a whack-down on a moth. By the time
I reached the scene of the incident, the evidence had been
consumed. If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

my cats think moths are yummy, spiders not so much.

Hendrix likes moths, too. Roxy, OTOH, really likes June bugs.

--
Lynne
Old July 20th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Rocky wrote:

I just espied Maybe putting a whack-down on a moth. By the time
I reached the scene of the incident, the evidence had been
consumed. If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

If you catch her downloading plans for potato cannon large enough to
launch, say, a young border collie, into low geosynchronous orbit, be
afraid. Be very afraid.

Whatever you, don't let her open a line of credit at Home Depot.

Old July 20th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Rocky" wrote in message
I just espied Maybe putting a whack-down on a moth. By the time
I reached the scene of the incident, the evidence had been
consumed. If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

Muttley snaps at flies and moths, and sometimes catches them. But his
favorite seems to be fireflies, and it is funny sometimes to see glowing
spots in his teeth (not so funny for the poor bugs, though).

P & M

Old July 20th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote:
I just espied Maybe putting a whack-down on a moth. By the time
I reached the scene of the incident, the evidence had been
consumed.

Good girl!

If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

It could happen!

--
Shelly
Old July 20th 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:

Whatever you, don't let her open a line of credit at Home Depot.

This is good advice for most dogs, actually.
--
Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,
| blazing high above your head.
. . . . . . . . . | But _in_ you is the presence that
. . . . . . . . | will be, when all the stars are dead.
. . . . . . . . . | (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Old July 20th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

Rudy has a pigeon and cardinal under his belt. I think he's wise to
know the hawks are a bad idea.

--
Janet Boss
Old July 20th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Rocky" wrote in message:

I just espied Maybe putting a whack-down on a moth.

Do you guys get mosquitos? I'm guessing that a mosquito-hunting dog would
be quite the useful critter indeed. Given her innate talents, I'm betting
you could train her to be the doggie bug killah.

By the time
I reached the scene of the incident, the evidence had been
consumed.

Khan assures me that this is in fact, proper procedure for the handling of
evidence. He doesn't do moths, however. Flies make for a nice little
snack.

If this is what she does at 8.5 weeks, she'll be
snatching eagles from 1000 feet by the time she's one.

Do claws/beak beat teeth? I'm betting she wouldn't want to find out. How
is May getting along with Rocky/Friday and all the other denizens of the
doggie daycare?

Suja

Old July 20th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

"Suja" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

How
is May getting along with Rocky/Friday and all the other
denizens of the doggie daycare?

Maybe is getting along wonderfully with Rocky. He plays a hard
ass, but is easily swayed when it comes to puppies. They often
tuck in next to each other for a nap.

Friday, as of today, seems to be accepting Maybe's puppiness -
jumping at his face and cetera. Friday's never been *bad* with
puppy approaches, but he likes time to get to know them.

As to daycare dogs, it's been wonderful. I have a 16 week old
male BC who's here every day and the two would wrestle
constantly if allowed. Maybe was initially shocked (!Yipes,
hide!) when she met the Malamute, but she rebounded quickly).
After the BC, her best buddies are the Chi, PooX, and SheltieX.

Old July 20th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Terri wrote:
We've been watching the parents build the nest and now we
have baby Ospreys!
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...Baby%20Osp.jpg

That's pretty amazing. Is that in front of your house?
That nest looks huge.