Nike and Reebok dump Vick

Old July 28th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default Nike and Reebok dump Vick

PETA is reporting that Nike and Reebok have suspended their contract
with Michael Vick due to his alleged animal abuse. PETA just cancelled
their nationwide planned protest of Nike nationwide.

I know that most of you do not approve of PETA. Because of that I have
taken the time to check into PETA more closely and admittedly I have a
couple of issues with them too. However, like everything else I seldom
find myself agreeing with anyone or any group 100 percent of the time.
I choose to be grateful for their effort to help take Vick down.

Be Free.....Judy

Old July 28th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:21:08 GMT, elegy
wrote:

you are aware that peta supports breed specific legislation and the
mass euthanization of pit bulls, right?

Peta and the HSUS are just as bad as Vick, IMO. Maybe worse, since they
blatantly mislead the public in order to fill their coffers.

spit

--
Lynne
Old July 28th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

wrote:

you are aware that peta supports breed specific legislation and the
mass euthanization of pit bulls, right?

Peta and the HSUS are just as bad as Vick, IMO. Maybe worse, since they
blatantly mislead the public in order to fill their coffers.

spit

They are also directly responsible for killing *thousands* of dogs
(just in North Carolina!) more than Michael Vick and his gangsta buds
ever got around to killing.

Moreover, PETA didn't have diddly squat to do with getting Michael
Vick's new shoe pulled by Nike. The mass media can pat themselves on
the back for destroying Vick. PETA just rode the media's coat tails,
yes, to fill their coffers with money (from useful idiots like
Judith).

No CEO in his right mind wants to **** off MILLIONS of dog lovers
around the country, including the owner of the Falcons, the
Commissioner of the NFL, etc.

Even if Vick plays football again, it won't be this year. And if he
does play next year, or ever, it will be as a pariah. He'll be booed
wherever he goes. And rightly so. Vick's NFL career is pretty much
kaput, IMO. I could, of course, be wrong. But I like my odds.

No, Vick hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but neither has O.J
Simpson, and he's pretty much kaput, too. If he didn't still have his
NFL pension, he'd be living in a van, down by the river.

Good riddance to both of them.

And PETA/HSUS, too.

spit

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Don't mess with old farts, Part VIII.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Are you a member of the "reality-based community"? Meet Rep. Steve King. Yo, take a look! I dare ya'!
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/2...n-from-ramadi/

Junk science and "the reality-based community"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...2/COMMENTARY05

"For $1000, Mary, can you name the parties responsible for the biggest case of voter fraud in Washington
State history?" "Are they members of the 'reality-based community,' Howie?" "Yes, Mary!
They are! You've just won $1000!"
http://michellemalkin.com/2007/07/26...state-history/

So, members of the "reality-based community," what do you think of your Cindy now?
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/188797.php

"The Democrats are the party of slavery and were the party that started every war
in the 20th century, except the other Bush debacle. The Federal Reserve, permanent
federal income taxes, not one but two World Wars, Japanese concentration camps, and
not one but two atom bombs dropped on the innocent citizens of Japan -- all brought
to us via the Democrats."
Cindy "absolute moral authority" Sheehan

Old July 28th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
bethgsd

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
PETA is reporting that Nike and Reebok have suspended their contract
with Michael Vick due to his alleged animal abuse. PETA just cancelled
their nationwide planned protest of Nike nationwide.

I know that most of you do not approve of PETA. Because of that I have
taken the time to check into PETA more closely and admittedly I have a
couple of issues with them too. However, like everything else I seldom
find myself agreeing with anyone or any group 100 percent of the time.
I choose to be grateful for their effort to help take Vick down.

Be Free.....Judy

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Whether I think Michael Vick
is guilty or not, he deserves his day in court and a trial by jury. So glad
that PeTA doesn't believe in constitutional rights.

Beth

Old July 28th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"bethgsd" spoke these words of wisdom in

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Whether I think
Michael Vick is guilty or not, he deserves his day in court and a
trial by jury. So glad that PeTA doesn't believe in constitutional
rights.

Beth

I agree. There is time to nail him to the cross, but I think he should be
convicted first. Once convicted....throw him to the wolves.
Old July 28th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:26:25 GMT, "bethgsd"
wrote:

[...]
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Beth, do you think that O.J. Simpson is innocent?

Old July 28th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
"bethgsd" spoke these words of wisdom in

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Whether I think
Michael Vick is guilty or not, he deserves his day in court and a
trial by jury. So glad that PeTA doesn't believe in constitutional
rights.

Beth

I agree. There is time to nail him to the cross, but I think he should be
convicted first. Once convicted....throw him to the wolves.

Certainly anyone who "does the crime should do the time and pay the fine".
However, it will take an extreme amount of taxpayer money to prosecute him
and others like him to the point where he will actually do jail time, and
there is a risk that he could be set free (like OJ). This man was raised
with this set of values, and such brutal activities as dogfighting have
been (and will continue to be) condoned by his family, friends, and many of
his fans. I would hope that he can truly change so as to be sorry for what
he has done, and become a spokesman for humane treatment of animals. It may
take a much bigger man than he is to stand up to the ridicule of others,
but if he can do so, I think it would be beneficial to offer him a way out
of significant jail time, in return for a commitment to spending time
helping to put an end to the *demand* for such blood sports. And he should
also spend a considerable portion of his money toward animal welfare.

I think such an option should be extended to any criminal who has
significantly changed their ways after committing a crime. If the criminal
can benefit society by helping other criminals (or providing a positive
leadership role for young criminals-to-be), reduced jail time could be
offered as an incentive. Even for crimes that have a death sentence might
be reduced to life without parole if the convict can provide a useful
function. Those that cannot should take dirt naps.

Paul, Muttley and Lucky

Old July 28th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article 42,
Lynne wrote:
Peta and the HSUS are just as bad as Vick, IMO. Maybe worse, since they
blatantly mislead the public in order to fill their coffers.

*What*? You think fraud is worse than killing dogs for
sport?

Old July 28th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article BeJqi.349$BQ.320@trnddc03,
bethgsd wrote:
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Whether I think Michael Vick
is guilty or not, he deserves his day in court and a trial by jury. So glad
that PeTA doesn't believe in constitutional rights.

I'm sorry, but I really think you all are nuts. It's very,
very Republican to take sides based on affiliation rather
than, you know, policy, ideas, content, etc. Can someone
point me to something that says that PETA doesn't think that
Vick shouldn't be tried? Or are you conflating free
association and commerce with trial by jury? 'Cause I'm
pretty sure that freedom of association and freedom of
speech are constitutionally protected, too (or at least they
were until the Republicans decided to turn the so-called
"War on Terror" into an excuse to shred the Constitution).

Old July 28th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Melinda Shore wrote:
Can someone
point me to something that says that PETA doesn't think that
Vick shouldn't be tried?

^^^^^^^^^

er, "should"