Need help for a black lab/pit bull mix!!

Old July 29th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Gary[_4_]

Default Need help for a black lab/pit bull mix!!

I have an approximately two year old black lab/pit mix that showed up at my
house that needs help! I've tried to find the owner but haven't been able
to and there's no way that I can keep him. To make matters worse he's
tested positive for heartworms! The vet says that it looks like the
infestation is in the early stages so there would be a good chance for
complete recovery if treated soon.

You can see pictures and read all about him at:

http://www.under-1-roof.com/BEAR.html

If you know of anyone who can take him or help with him please contact me!

Old July 30th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Judy

"Gary" wrote in message
You can see pictures and read all about him at:

http://www.under-1-roof.com/BEAR.html

If you know of anyone who can take him or help with him please contact me!

Might help to get a response if people knew where in the world you are
located?

Judy

Old July 31st 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Many Dogs \(flick\)

"Gary" wrote in message
I have an approximately two year old black lab/pit mix that showed up at my
house that needs help! I've tried to find the owner but haven't been able
to and there's no way that I can keep him. To make matters worse he's
tested positive for heartworms! The vet says that it looks like the
infestation is in the early stages so there would be a good chance for
complete recovery if treated soon.

You can see pictures and read all about him at:

http://www.under-1-roof.com/BEAR.html

If you know of anyone who can take him or help with him please contact me!

Talk to the vet about putting him on heartworm preventative. There isn't
necessarily a reaction in a HW positive dog, and it would keep him from
getting further infested in the meantime. It's only a few dollars a month.

flick 100785

Old August 2nd 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Gary[_4_]

Thanks, flick! I've got four dogs of my own on heartworm preventative so I
know that it works. It's mainly a case of my not having room for any more
dogs so if you know anyone who can help please let me know before tomorrow
(08/02/2007) afternoon. If we don't have a rescue set up by then he'll be
put down on Friday morning!
--
Gary
Visit Lucy & Gary and do the jigsaw puzzle at

Old August 17th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Gary[_4_]

Just to update this saga! I want to report this dog has found a permanent,
caring home! Thanks to the Humane Society in Shelby County Illinois for
paying for his heartworm treatment and to Gina and Seth at Animal Kingdom in
Taylorville, Illinois who helped arrange for his treatment and who took care
of him until we found a home for him! Thanks to all who helped, including
the group from Arizona who gave me hope and the push to work even harder to
find a home for Bear!
--

"Gary" wrote in message
I have an approximately two year old black lab/pit mix that showed up at
my house that needs help! I've tried to find the owner but haven't been
able to and there's no way that I can keep him. To make matters worse
he's tested positive for heartworms! The vet says that it looks like the
infestation is in the early stages so there would be a good chance for
complete recovery if treated soon.

You can see pictures and read all about him at:

http://www.under-1-roof.com/BEAR.html

If you know of anyone who can take him or help with him please contact
me!

Talk to the vet about putting him on heartworm preventative. There isn't
necessarily a reaction in a HW positive dog, and it would keep him from
getting further infested in the meantime. It's only a few dollars a
month.

flick 100785

Black and Tan Coonhound Pepper Dog rescue 1 October 31st 06 04:11 PM
Black and Tan Dogs Larry Oliver Dog breeds 5 October 30th 06 07:24 PM
Rott Black and Tan mix? laocmo Dog breeds 3 October 13th 06 01:54 PM
black vomit? Larry Mormino Dog health 4 August 15th 03 03:42 PM
black vomit? Larry Mormino Dog health 0 August 15th 03 01:35 AM