How does this happen?

Old August 6th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

Default How does this happen?

I found this on Petfinder. Assuming no one is lying, what gives?

"MY DOg Sophia had 3 puppies By My Neighbors Labador Retriver . Sophia is a
Lab also So the Puppys Are purebred But have no PApers . They are all Black
Girls Beautiful Healthy and Ready to find Homes . This is Sophias first
litter and shes 9 yrs old My vet spayed her 6 yrs ago and now shes got
babies what luck . But I want to find Great homes for these babies. They are
7 weeks old today,. Adoption Fee Required to insure a GOOD hOME. they have
had 3 sets of shots and wormed twice."

Suja

Old August 7th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Suja wrote:

My vet spayed her 6 yrs ago and now shes got babies what luck .

Incomplete spay? (I don't know if that's even possible.)
Vet/owner miscommunication?
Owners aren't very observant, and did not notice that their dog was
switched with another (unspayed) dog?

--
Shelly
Old August 7th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

Incomplete spay? (I don't know if that's even possible.)

I thought about that. But if the vet didn't remove the uterus, what the
hell was removed during the spay?

Vet/owner miscommunication?

Possibly, but then wouldn't the owner notice that her allegedly spayed dog
is going into heat religiously?

Owners aren't very observant, and did not notice that their dog was
switched with another (unspayed) dog?

That would be something else, wouldn't it? In one of James Herriot's books,
he has a story about an elderly woman who absolutely dotes on a bird who has
never learned to speak. She asks him to take a look at the bird for
something routine (cutting the overgrown beak?), and the bird dies right in
his hands. Making up an excuse that he didn't bring the right instruments,
he rushes off to a bird seller, finds a bird that looks similar to this one,
and replaces it. On another visit, the lady comments on what a huge
difference the vet's procedure had made, because the bird that had been
silent for years and years was all of a sudden, singing and talking.

Suja

Old August 7th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Suja wrote:

I thought about that. But if the vet didn't remove the uterus, what the
hell was removed during the spay?

Aren't dogs' uteri comprised of two "horns"? Maybe only one was
removed? I can't see *how* only one could be removed, but then, the
other alternative theories aren't much better.

Possibly, but then wouldn't the owner notice that her allegedly spayed dog
is going into heat religiously?

Maybe she had silent heats?

That would be something else, wouldn't it?

If they spayed the dog as soon as they got her, they might not have
known her that well. A mix-up *could* have happened, because all
black dogs look alike, right?

We always had a herd of indoor-outdoor cats, when I was growing up.
At one point, they started fighting, and we couldn't figure out
why, since they'd always gotten along. Come to find out, Big Orange
Male was an imposter! Someone had dumped another big orange male
cat on us, and we'd never noticed. The newcomer was not welcomed by
the other cats, hence the fighting. To our credit, we *did*
eventually figure it out.

On another visit, the lady comments on what a huge
difference the vet's procedure had made, because the bird that had been
silent for years and years was all of a sudden, singing and talking.

I remember that story. I always wondered if the woman was, as they
say, taking the ****, and that it was her way of telling Herriot
that she knew what he'd done.

--
Shelly
Old August 7th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

On Aug 7, 10:51 am, Shelly wrote:
Suja wrote:
[...]

Shellyhttp://www.cat-sidh.net(the Mother Ship)http://esther.cat-sidh.net(Letters to Esther)

I know my parents' poodle that was abandoned.. was spayed ..but she
would still have a heat cycle but with no blood. She would go after
their other fixed male until.... no joke. There was something left
inside that girl. She lived till 16-17yrs old

Miracles do Happen! Suja Dog behavior 4 May 1st 07 09:14 PM
How To Correct Behavior That Only Happen When I'm Away? Rocky Dog behavior 1 April 9th 06 08:02 AM
How To Correct Behavior That Only Happen When I'm Away? Rocky Dog behavior 0 April 8th 06 05:56 AM
How To Correct Behavior That Only Happen When I'm Away? MauiJNP Dog behavior 0 April 8th 06 03:31 AM