A Decision (I Think)

Old August 7th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default A Decision (I Think)

I talked to my mom last night, and I'm 95% convinced that I should
leave Harriet with my brother while we're gone. Gabe wasn't home,
but my mom said that he'd been planning places to take Harriet to
walk, and that he was looking forward to having her to himself for a
week. Aw! He's an awfully good kid.

After I got of the phone with my mom, I thought about it some more.
This is the brother who willingly took on the birth and raising of
a (large!) litter of Boston puppies when his then GF went back to
Belize. He adores dogs *and* has a good head when it comes to
day-to-day handling of them, so I know he'll take good care of
Harriet. It's just hard to think of my youngest brother as being
the most responsible and trustworthy of the three. He's just a baby!

--
Shelly
Old August 7th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Shelly" wrote in message
I talked to my mom last night, and I'm 95% convinced that I should leave
Harriet with my brother while we're gone. Gabe wasn't home, but my mom
said that he'd been planning places to take Harriet to walk, and that he
was looking forward to having her to himself for a week. Aw! He's an
awfully good kid.

Don't you just hate it when they grow up and get mature and adult when you
turn your back for just a second?

He sounds like a terrific choice for you. And if it works out well, it
gives you a great option for that possible time in the future when you
really *have* to leave her behind with someone. We all need someone like
that.

Judy

Old August 7th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Judy" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Don't you just hate it when they grow up and get mature and adult when
you turn your back for just a second?

When I went into the Air Force , my little baby brother had a room full of
gadgets. Everything that broke was given to him to take apart. His room was
just filled with parts of broken stuff that were treasures to him. It never
occurred to me that this would lead to something else.

when i came home from the air force, everything was fixed. well if they
weren't the junk he couldn't fix was gone. The transformation was amazing.
He's become the fix-it man.
Old August 7th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
when i came home from the air force, everything was fixed. well if they
weren't the junk he couldn't fix was gone. The transformation was amazing.
He's become the fix-it man.

And *that's* something we *all* need in our lives!!

Judy

Old August 7th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Judy wrote:
And *that's* something we *all* need in our lives!!

Every once in awhile I find myself regretting being single,
and when I've examined it more closely I've consistently
found that it's not that I want to have someone in my life,
but that I want help with chores.

Old August 7th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judy wrote:

Don't you just hate it when they grow up and get mature and adult when
you turn your back for just a second?

I still can't figure out how, or when, it happened.

He sounds like a terrific choice for you.

He is. And Harriet really likes him, which is important.

He even understands the importance of butt scritches:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/67983600

And ear rubs:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/67983595/

And petting the dog while talking on the phone:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/67981684/

And if it works out well, it
gives you a great option for that possible time in the future when you
really *have* to leave her behind with someone. We all need someone
like that.

Yes, we do!

--
Shelly
Old August 7th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

Melinda Shore wrote:

Every once in awhile I find myself regretting being single,
and when I've examined it more closely I've consistently
found that it's not that I want to have someone in my life,
but that I want help with chores.

Brilliant! Good sig material.

--Lia

Old August 7th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Aug 7, 10:05 am, diddy none wrote:
(Melinda Shore) spoke these words of wisdom in news:f99sb6

Judy wrote:
And *that's* something we *all* need in our lives!!

Every once in awhile I find myself regretting being single,
and when I've examined it more closely I've consistently
found that it's not that I want to have someone in my life,
but that I want help with chores.

When there are two people there seem to be double the chores. In fact, they
seem to multiply. When my husband goes on a trip, I feel like I'm on
vacation. Don't regret your singleness if simply a chore buddy is what you
seek.

I know I would have a lot fewer chores if I wasn't married. I think
it is more that I am willing to let things go a lot longer before
getting them done, whereas my wife, is not.

Nick

Old August 7th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Melinda Shore wrote:

Every once in awhile I find myself regretting being single,
and when I've examined it more closely I've consistently
found that it's not that I want to have someone in my life,
but that I want help with chores.

Heh. Doesn't always work out that way...

FurPaw
--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.